Before he left, he spent a little time playing and hanging out with Jackson. That poor boy misses his daddy like crazy! Josh told him that he was going to be out of the country for 11 days. The first thing Jackson said when we picked him up on Tuesday was that daddy was going to be "back from the country in 11 days!" It has been a countdown ever since. (Tonight, he said that he could only wait 4 more days, not 8, for his daddy to come home.)
Grams was here until Friday, so I still had a lot of help with the two kids. Grams was taking Jackson to school in the morning. It was good for him to get back into his routine. He wasn't really thrilled about going back after having a week off, but he did settle back in just fine. Since it is November, they are talking a lot about Thanksgiving this past week. When I picked him up on Tuesday, his teacher told me that when asked about what he was thankful for, Jackson replied "sister." Love this. I thought that was super cute. When I asked him what he was thankful for (curious to see if he would say the same thing, he say "You mommy!" #MamasBoy
I really need to take a few more "newborn" pictures of Audrey - maybe tomorrow. I did take these gems!
Wednesday night the power went out at the house. Jackson was a little nervous. Jason was Jason when the power goes out and there is now no TV or internet. Fortunately, it was only out for a little over an hour, but it was near bedtime and Jackson didn't want to sleep in his room (since we couldn't turn on his light or radio), so I told him if the power was still out when we went to bed, he could sleep in mommy's and daddy's room. Well, we got all ready for bed and Jackson climbed into our bed to watch one show on his tablet before falling asleep. Right before I climbed into bed, the power came back on. However, there was NO convincing Jackson to go back to his room for the night. So we snuggled in bed all together.


Jackson asked why the power went out. I really wasn't sure because while it was raining, it wasn't storming. I just told him that someone outside must have turned it off. He decided that someone in heaven must have done it - both papaws must have turned the lights off. Love how his little mind works. The next day, he told me that the papaws had two lights. Papaw (Mark) must have turned the lights off and Papaw Dan turned them back on for us. I wish life was the simple for all of us.
Here are a few other pictures of Audrey doing what she does best!
We have been taking a lot of pictures and sending them to daddy while he was gone. On Thursday night at bedtime, Jackson decided that he need to wear sunglasses to bed. So we sent that picture to daddy to hopefully cheer him up and then we also sent one of the girls. The girls were ready for bed. Jackson is another story!
Audrey had another doctor appointment on Friday (two weeks old). Since she lost 10% of her birth weight (a whopping 14 ounces), the doctors wanted to make sure that she was back to her birth weight at two weeks of age. Basically, just to make sure that she was eating okay (which I could have told you without weighing her!!). The appointment went really well!
Weight: 9 pounds, 0 ounces
Height: 20 inches
Head: 14.5 inches
All is good. She surpassed her birth weight by a little bit and we are all set now until we have to get her hip ultrasound at 6 weeks (since she was breech.)
The appointment must have really wiped her out. She looked like this for the rest of the day!

Today, Mamawk finally got to come up to meet her Audrey. We have been playing games all day. Mamawk got Jackson Uno as part of his big brother gift. He was loving it. We also played Spite and Malice, War and Trouble. He wanted to play Hide and Seek, which this mama was not really up for. Jackson and Lily played it the other weekend when she was here.
And today, I stopped and got gas on the way home from the chiropractor for this:




No comments:
Post a Comment