Sunday, November 10, 2013

Boy Genius

Sometimes the things Jackson can do completely amazes me.  Tonight, Jackson was working on puzzles in the Superman coloring and activity book that he got from Mamawk as part of his big brother gift. It was one of those puzzles where the letters are all symbols and there is a code for what letter each symbol of the alphabet is.  It took Jackson all of three seconds to figure out what he was supposed to do with the puzzle.  He solved two of them in just a few minutes.

"Faster than a speeding bullet" and "From the past to destroy the future"



 
He is a boy genius.  HOWEVER, he also has his moments that I have to remind myself that he is only four years old.  This afternoon, Mamawk was going to take him over to the park for a little bit.  It is pretty cold outside, so I told Jackson that he needed to wear a heavier coat, his hat and gloves.  When I brought his winter coat downstairs, he threw a TOTAL FIT.  I was going to lose my mind trying to get Jackson to try on the coat.  Well, his fit ended up in his room and he was now not allowed to go to the park.  I swear, sometimes he knows just what buttons to push.  And when I say that he is pushing my buttons, he says that he did not push any buttons.  I guess he doesn't get the figure of speech yet!
 
After the total meltdown, he came back downstairs and it was like the 30 minutes prior NEVER happened.  He's like a teenage girl!
 
Jackson and Audrey "talking"
 
I did manage a few shots of Audrey today, but after the "night" we had, we both ended up taking a really long nap today.  Audrey slept great last night, but then she decided after I fed her from 3:45am to 4:20am that she was going to stay up until after 5:45am.  Ugh. She wasn't really crying, but she was really fussy and was not going to close her eyes and go back to sleep.  Hopefully tonight will go a little better!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment