Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays - time with the family and the BEST food ever! My mama makes a mean turkey and her dressing is killer! This year, Thanksgiving is at the Elsass house and we are having both the Fonner side and the Elsass side over. I bought about 20 pounds of turkey, which currently take up a lot of my refrigerator! My mama is coming up tomorrow and we are going to cook on Friday. Maybe I will learn how to make a mean turkey and killer dressing. Of course, my mom doesn't measure anything, so it is really hard to learn how to cook from her. "Until it looks like that" or "until is tastes right"!! If I spent more time in the kitchen, I would probably try harder to learn what she does, but I don't cook that much. I did learn how to make a good beef roast with gravy, so there is hope for me!
Jackson's project this week was a thankful turkey. Here is what Jackson is Thankful for.
Audrey was really good on Monday night and she got in a little daddy time before bedtime.
Holding daddy's hands
We also managed to get a few shots of Jackson. Now we have to tell him to smile with his eyes open so all the pictures of him aren't with the closed Elsass eyes! He is such a stud!
Yesterday, Josh played basketball for the first time since Audrey was born, which left me home with two kids alone (not the first time, but always an adventure)! Jackson made an "appointment" to get his haircut on Tuesday. When he said Tuesday, I never really considered that I would be home with two babies and try to cut hair. It worked out (although, Jackson's hair is a little shorter than I really wanted it to be.) I even managed to give both kids a bath and get everyone in bed on time! Jackson was golden and Audrey wasn't fussy, so it was all nice. I even made it to be before 9pm!!
Jackson also picked up Audrey all by himself for the second time. She wasn't having anything to do with it this time!
Jackson got to play in the snow today after school. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Josh always gets the "nod" to leave early, so we all were home around 1pm today. Jackson played in the snow while Josh cleaned the driveway.
And just an FYI... we are changing Josh's birthday to October 9. Jackson decided that his daddy's birthday was in the wrong month and he decided to change it. At first, his daddy was going to share his birthday, but then he was talking about sharing a cake with his daddy and changed his mind. Therefore, we will now celebrate Josh's birthday in October as well!! Crazy kid!














No comments:
Post a Comment