Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pacifier Breakdown

Tuesday, I managed to wake up with Jackson's cold, only much worse than he had it.  He just had a runny nose and I got the runny nose, sore throat and cough.  Awesome.  It's really fun being a mom of two with a head cold!  Jackson really looks like he has a cold, doesn't he?


So I finally broke down and gave Audrey a pacifier.  I just haven't had the energy to figure out what is going one with her.  Since yesterday afternoon, she has kind of had a rough go.  I think her belly is upsetting her and while I know that they say to let them nurse for comfort as much as for nutrition, but I can't have her nursing all day... for lots of reasons!  :)

She didn't quite get it at first, but I think she has the hang of it now.  I actually gave her a different pacifier today, which seems to be more natural to her.  Unfortunately, there seemed to be a little but of confusion between the pacifier and nursing, but she got it sorted out fairly quickly.



Mamawk left yesterday afternoon.  So now, it's just me and the babies.  Wednesday evening went just fine.  Jackson was good and he worked on Legos - one for daddy, one for mommy and two for Audrey. 
 
 
At 8pm, it was time for all of us to go to bed.  Jackson did great and went to bed.  Audrey on the other hand, she was really upset about something.  I nursed her and she feel asleep for a minute and then she was crying and crying and crying.  It didn't matter if I was holding her and rocking her, if she was lying down on her own, or swinging.  She did finally pass out for a few minutes and I tried to fall asleep - unsuccessfully. And then we started all over again.  It was 2:30am before I finally got to sleep.  She nursed one more time between 2:30am and 7:20am when Jackson came in to wake me up for school.  Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted.  I did manage to take a shower and get Jackson off to school by 9:30am. Today has been a fairly lazy day and I did manage to get some of the work done that I needed to before next week.
 
Now we are having a quiet evening at home and hopefully going to get some extra sleep tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment