Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas at Home

We had Christmas at home with kids Saturday morning before we took off for Cincinnati/Evansville.  Josh and I woke up around 7:30am (more on that in a minute) and Jackson was already up and downstairs.  Since he was, I drug myself out of bed too and headed downstairs.  I wanted to see Jackson when he realized that he had presents under the tree AND one unwrapped present.  Fortunately for us, Jackson didn't go into the front room, so he hadn't even noticed.  So we all got to have some breakfast (even Audrey) and I got the camera and video camera ready to go and we called Jackson into the front room.  I am not really sure he knew what was going on when he walked in, but it didn't take long for him to be excited about this...
 
 



We enjoyed watching Jackson open his presents.  It was a slow start, but he eventually opened all of his presents and all of Audrey's presents.  And then he was back to the kitchen!  I am so glad that he enjoyed it.  After all, Joshua and I were up LATE putting it together. 

By LATE, I mean nearly 1am.  We had the Aubleys over for dinner on Friday night.  We chatted, caught up and played cards.  They left around 10:30, at which time, Josh and I started putting the GIANT kitchen and grill together.  Next thing we know, it is nearly 1am.  I head upstairs to get ready and then it is almost 1:30 before I actually crawled into bed.  Then I was sure Audrey was going to wake up any minute, so I wasn't trying too hard to actually fall asleep.  Well, she didn't wake up until 4:30am. I did finally give into sleep sometime after 2:30am.  So after only two hours of sleep, I feed Audrey and put her back to bed. Then at 6:30am, just like every other morning, Audrey is done being alone in her room, so I grabbed her up and she fell back asleep in our bed until 7:30am.  So really, I got about 4 hours of total sleep Friday night, but it was all worth it to watch my kiddos have Christmas at home.  It probably won't be the last time we stay up too late getting Christmas ready for the babies.



Audrey's Loot







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment