This weekend, the kids and I took a mini vacation to none other than The Grams Resort! We took off on Thursday night and drove half way, making a pit stop to spend the night at Mamawk's house. I'm glad that we decided to do that because we made it to Gram's house well before lunch time on Friday. The kiddos were both SUPER on the way to Cincinnati and Evansville. I am so grateful they both travel pretty well. I can't imagine making that 420 mile trip with kiddos that don't!
We spent the next three days in the pool. Literally -- three days of nothing but swim suits and pajamas! IT WAS AWESOME!
All of the Fonner grandbabies napped at some point during the day, except for Jackson. He was a fish the whole weekend. He never wanted to get out of the pool. He could touch in the shallow end last summer, so this summer his head was well above the water level. He played in the shallow end with and without his ring. He was starting to get more brave on Sunday. Audrey's naps occasionally took place in the pool. Mom has this great little boat that she slept great in. Funny -- Jackson did too four years ago. We would tie the boat up so it would be the shade and she'd sleep away!
I was nervous earlier in the week that I had promised Jackson that we were going to get to swim at lot this weekend and the weather didn't look like it was going to cooperate. Well, it did. I think it sprinkled all of 10 rain drops on Friday just as we were getting in the pool, but that was it. It was in the upper 80s / low 90s most of the weekend.
My mama, as always, takes great care of us while we are home. When we got there on Friday, the boys helped Grams unload all the fruit I think ALDIs had to offer... and we ate almost ALL of it. (Kate bought more grapes and bananas at some point too.) She made chicken salad (not my fav, but there were other things for me to eat) and grilled chicken. She managed to keep 6 grandkids and three daughters happy all weekend. AND THAT IS A SERIOUSLY DIFFICULT CHALLENGE.
The one thing that I don't look forward to when I travel is getting off track with this diet. It has been 3 months since I started and I've lost over 21 pounds and I just HATE seeing weight gain weeks, which I've had two since I started - 1) The week including April 15th -- no shocker there and 2) the weigh in following my last Evansville trip. Neither of those weeks was the gain more than 0.8 pounds, but a gain of that versus a loss is much more significant. So this time -- thanks to my mama -- I should have weight loss weekend when I weigh in tomorrow!! So thanks for buying so much fruit, mom!
Kelly and I even went to the movies on Saturday night... in our pajamas. (I said it was a swim suit and pajama kind of weekend.)
Biggest disappointment of the weekend -- the shaved ice place was CLOSED. I was devastated. I was so looking forward to having one (or five) and got NONE.
The kiddos and I headed back home this morning after breakfast. The kids both traveled well again. Audrey struggled a little more on the way home than she did on the way there, but I can't blame her. We even had to detour just outside of Louisville because the interstate was closed. I am SO GLAD that I saw the sign that the road was shut down for an accident BEFORE we got to the accident and I got to detour. The traffic was backed up about 15 miles.... NOT MOVING. The scenic route was nice compared to sitting on the highway for god knows how long!
We got home just in time for dinner, some exercise and bedtime. Back to reality tomorrow. At least it is a four day week and then we are on vacation ALL of next week!

















No comments:
Post a Comment