Saturday, June 7, 2014

20 Pounds Looks and Feels Good.

My weight loss journey started 11 weeks ago (for real)!  I was kinda sorta trying right after the beginning of the year, but honestly, I wasn't trying THAT hard.  I lost a couple of pounds before I finally gave in and signed up for Weight Watchers.  Once I committed, I REALLY committed.  I started off getting 41 points (14 of which were for nursing). 41 points was okay and I was able to stick to that.  After the first week, I lost 4 pounds and my points were reduced from 41 to 40.  

I kept losing weight, but I was so confused as to why my points weren't going down.  I thought I was getting only 7 points for nursing, but I was wrong.  So I after the first week, I was at the floor of 26 points plus my nursing allowance.  After I started giving Audrey food, I my nursing allowance decreased from 14 to 7.  That hurt.  But I managed okay. 

I haven't officially logged my weight to get to 20 pounds of loss (Tuesday is my weigh in day), but I hit it on Friday (so I just have to be good all weekend and Monday to make it WW official!

When I first started "dieting" at the beginning of the year, I basically said that I wanted to get to my pre-Jackson pregnancy weight by Jackson's fifth birthday.  That really wasn't a stretch at all.  With WW, I started out with small goals:

1) Pre-Jackson Pregnancy Weight - Officially hit that at the 10 week mark and six months ahead of my original plan (yeah)
2) Pre-Ohio Weight - That's my next goal and is 10 pounds from my pre-Jackson weight; I'm already cutting into this goal - about 6 more pounds to go!
3) My Last-Time-I-Did-WW Weight - That's about 10 pounds from my Pre-Ohio weight

After that, I think it will depend on how I feel. Getting there will get me to a normal BMI and hopefully at least close to where I'd like to be. 

Here's a couple of pictures from now and 20 pounds ago...



I haven't retaken all my measurements since I started.  I should do that and log it.  But I do know this...

None of my clothes fit and it's an AWESOME problem to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment