One of my seniors left this on my desk this week. Love it!
In addition to work, Josh has been gone a lot in Hebron (Columbus) for his job, so that has left me as a single parent. I posted pictures from our Bob Evans run last week. This week, I took the kiddos to Wendy's for $0.99 hamburgers and French fries!
After we had hamburgers, Jackson wanted dessert, so I let him go up to the counter and buy himself a chocolate frosty. (I may have had a bite and it tasted so good, but I managed to stick to only one bite!!)
Fortunately, we had some fries left. So I was able to teach Jackson the ONLY way to eat a Frosty... with your French fries!! I was diggin' it!
Last night, Josh was going to be late getting home from Hebron, so we all had dinner and then we just got to sit a play for a little bit. This girl was in such a good mood. I can't get over how quickly she is growing. (She still makes NO attempt to move, but I'm definitely good with that!)
Tonight, while I was fixing some dinner (yes, you read that right-- I do OCCASIONALLY cook) Jackson was obsessing over our names and ages... again. Once he gets hooked on something, he really gets hooked on something. So tonight was no different.
Jackson: Daddy's birthday is going to be first, and then mine and then Audrey's and then yours is last mommy! I'm gonna be 5. Audrey is gonna be 1 Daddy is gonna to be 32 and your gonna be 33. And Ted's going to be 34.
Mommy: Ted? Who's Ted?
Jackson: From the baseball game mommy. He told me he was 33. So he's gonna be 34 on his birthday.
(Ted was an intern during busy season who is staying on part time for the summer and then starting with us full time in September! My kid has a crazy memory!)
In addition to working and single parenting, I have been trying to get in some kind of exercise as many days a week as I can. This last 7 days have been pretty good for me. I have done a LOT of step aerobics, which I love. I rode my bike. Josh and I played tennis over the weekend. It feels pretty good to be active again. I seem to be sleeping better (I guess it helps too that Audrey sleeps through the night most of the time too!) and I just feel better. And I get to reap the benefits of all that exercise along with the eating better! I, unofficially (since my weigh in day isn't until Tuesday), have lost 20 pounds since I started Weight Watchers. And I'm down 25.2 pounds from before I got pregnant with Audrey AND I'm 2.2 pounds down from before I was pregnant with Jackson. So I've already hit my first real weight loss goal and then a little, which was to get to my pre-Jackson-pregnancy weight.
Next up... pre-Ohio weight!
I've had to clear out some clothes from my closet that just look ridiculous. I was down to two pair of dress pants (that both belong to suits) that actually fit and NO jeans. I did buy two pairs of pencil ankle pants that fit and I just bought a pair of dress pants on clearance and a pair of jeans for 50% off so I have SOMETHING to wear. I was feeling like a total slob in my old pants. I don't intend to buy too many clothes because
When I was shopping for these couple of items, I did try on THE CUTEST dress (yes, I said dress) at The Limited. It was a business professional type dress that had a matching suit jacket. It was adorable. For the fun of it, I tried on a 10 AND IT ZIPPED. I couldn't believe it. It was a little snug in the hips yet, but IT ZIPPED. Did I mention that IT ZIPPED?
Yeah me!
So I should give my sister a lot of credit because her journey has really motivated me to do this and to ACTUALLY do it. I've said a bazillion times that I was going to loose the weight and I just never stuck to anything. It's been just over 11weeks and I'm still all in!! Hopefully as we both continue our journey, we can keep each other motivated to do better and not fall back into old habits.
















No comments:
Post a Comment