The kiddos did great at my friend's house. She used to be a co-worker of mine and her daughter, Mackenzie, attends the same day care as Jackson and Audrey. Jackson was really good. I was little nervous with the drop off since he told me that he didn't want me to leave him there, but he was a rock star and didn't even flinch when I got ready to leave. According to Chase, he was really good all night. He and Mac had a blast. Audrey was also good, but she slept most of the evening, which is no surprise!
On Friday, Josh was able to get away for lunch, so we picked him up and we had a nice family lunch. On the way to lunch, the car in front of me had its blinker on and wasn't really turning or changing lanes. Jackson, from the back seat, says "Turn your blinker off, man!!" I almost died. This kid listens to EVERYTHING so you really have to watch what you say and how you say it. He won't necessary repeat it right then, but eventually, he will! (Apparently, I have a problem with people driving with the turn signals on - hence why I don't use mine very often -- which I am getting grief from my 4 year old about!)
The weather was pretty cold, so my idea of hitting up the zoo after lunch was a no go. So instead, I took the kiddos the McDonald's Playland. Jackson loves it there. I don't mind. Although, it sucks when you are on a diet and you sit and smell food the whole time your kiddos are playing. I did get to enjoy a nice Diet Coke while they played. Even Audrey got in on the action this time.
Way more pictures of Audrey playing than Jackson. Really because for most of the time we were there, Jackson was up in the tunnels and I didn't really even know where he was until he would come down the slide!!
So really awesome stuff... Audrey is finally at a stage where Jackson can play with her. So this morning, I was getting the laundry sorted and Josh was at the grocery, so I put Audrey down in the family food. She sits pretty good, but we typically put a couple of pillows at her back just in case. When I come out of the laundry room, this is what I find...
Jackson has surrounded her with the pillows. "To protect her, mom" is what he tells me! God love him. He really is a good big brother.
Best part of today was this morning. Jackson's reading skills are getting really good. He started reading The Hungry Caterpillar earlier this week. I haven't read it to him in months, I'm sure. So I know he doesn't have the book memorized. He just started reading it. When he didn't know a word, he would come and ask me. Now, he's got it all down. This morning, after breakfast, Jackson decides that he wants to read the book to Audrey. It was so sweet. He read it to her and showed her all the pictures. (I wish I could figure out how to get my videos to upload on the blog properly, but I can't. I did post it on Facebook this morning.) He loves her. She loves him. I love them both. This made my heart just melt.
Oh, and Audrey loves her feet!!






















No comments:
Post a Comment