Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Audrey Daniele - Seven Months

 
Unbelievable that another month has passed us by.  Josh and I both agree that things are getting a little easier.  She definitely growing up fast.  This month, the cling-to-mama has gotten worse.  I was really dreading this and hoping that it wouldn't happen.  I watched it happen to both of my sisters with their daughters and now I am getting to experience it first hand.  As soon as she sees me, she wants me.  (I'm blaming it on the boobs!)


Sleeping Habits:  Finally, this baby is consistently sleeping though the night.  It seems like the moment was started her on table food (see eating habits), she started sleeping like champ.  She is still napping 2 - 3 times during the day and at 7pm, she is completely ready to hit the sack.  She typically wakes up between 6:00-6:30am.  I can live with that.  Sometimes, I am lucky and she goes back to sleep on the weekend after I nurse her until about 8:00am.  Regardless, I am thrilled that she's sleeping.  I feel like a new person when I get a full nights sleep.  Occasionally she still wakes up around 4am (like this morning -- I watched her play with her feet for about 10 minutes before she started fussing!)  I nursed her for a  few minutes and she went back to sleep (I didn't!)
 
Eating Habits:  Shortly after we introduced Audrey to baby food, she decided that she wanted nothing to do with it.  If it came in a convenient plastic container, she wasn't going to eat it.  Great.... now what?  So she had been eating banana, and I decided that we would just try to give her whatever fruit or vegetable we were having.  She LOVES it.  She already "chews" with her gums.  So far, it's made dinner time pretty easy.  She's had all kinds of good stuff at this point:
  • Hamburger
  • Pulled pork
  • Tilapia
  • Tacos
  • Pizza (no cheese)
  • Turkey
  • Sausage
  • Spaghetti
  • Green beans
  • Peas
  • Corn
  • Carrots
  • Cantaloupe
  • Banana
  • Oranges
  • Applesauce
  • Peaches
  • Pears
  • Cherrios
  • Chex
  • Brownie (she knows what's good!)
  • Bread
  • French toast
  • And lots more!!
At this point, we are letting her have everything except nuts, berries, eggs, a dairy.

She is still nursing / getting a bottle 5 - 6 times a day.  At home, she eats breakfast and then I nurse her.  She eats lunch and then I nurse her.  I nurse her again between 3 - 4pm.  She eats dinner and then I nurse her before bedtime.  Depending on how tired I am, I may nurse her again before I go to bed.  Sometimes, if I got to bed at 9pm, I don't nurse her again, but if I'm up at 10pm, I typically do... just in case!  Her teachers say she LOVES eating at school.

 
Look at those arms and legs... can you tell she likes to eat!!



Crazy long eyelashes!!



Height:  29.00 inches
Weight: 19 pounds; 6.4 ounces
Head: 18.00 inches

Baby Babbles:  She's a noisy girl.  That is FOR SURE.  She babbles a lot.  She yells a lot.  All in all, VERY noisy.  It's almost like she wants to make sure the whole block can hear what she has to say.  Or maybe she's just trying to be heard over her very loud big brother.  Both my kiddos take after their mama -- they have no indoor voice.  I love to listen to her "talk" and laugh.  She's got a real personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment