On Saturday night, we had Josh's boss and his family over for dinner - the Brainerds. John and Carrie have two little girls, Riley (4) and Payton (7). Sometime earlier in the week, Josh had told Jackson that Riley and Payton were coming over. He was SOOOO exited all day on Saturday. He kept asking how much longer until they got there. We had told him they would be there around 5:30pm. When it got to be 5:30pm on the dot, Jackson was kept saying "Where are they? I thought you said they would be here at 5:30." They were there just a few minutes later and Jackson was clearly relieved. The kiddos jumped right in to play. It was nice. We chatted for a little bit while dinner finished. Then we ate and watched the kids play outside for a little bit. The ground was a sloppy mess, so when they came back in the house, all the kiddos had to get their jammies on. I sure hope Riley's dress wasn't ruined by the mud!!
Audrey was only up for a bit while we had company. She was SOOO rotten cute. We made pulled pork for dinner and this little girl LOVED it!! She will eat just about anything you put in front of her!
Since Audrey is getting really good at sitting on her own and she is getting really playful, I decided that she no longer needed to sit in the sling thing for bath time. I put the no skid mat down in the bath tub and she was loving bath time. She splashed and played with the toys. Clearly she's ready to be treated like a baby!
And my super smart little guy is really into spelling. We have been working words in the bath tub with the letters we have. We only have a few letters that he has two of (because he stole them from Mamawk's house!!) so he is limited to what he can spell. He's reading skills are so impressive in such a short time. He's really starting to sound things out that he doesn't just "know." I am so proud of him.
Mommy's Day was nice. It started early since Audrey woke up at 5am and didn't want to go back to sleep. She and I cuddled on the couch and watched a movie until the boys got up. They made breakfast of waffles, sausage and eggs. Delish. Shortly after breakfast, I nursed Audrey and then we both took a nice nap! For Mother's Day, I got a mini 30G harddrive for my laptop. I LOVE the on that I use for work. It's so convenient compared to the giant (physical size, not storage) harddrive that I used to carry around. I also got a step so I can do step aerobics and I am getting my car detailed. I am not really sure what I am most excited about. Maybe the car detailing because it NEEDS it.... BAD. My kiddos are destroying my car!
Jackson was also super cute on Mommy's Day. He kept telling me that he was going to do dishes and help with the laundry and make bottles for Audrey. (He says he knows how to do that!) He did actually help with the dishes. He's such a good boy (most of the time!)
On Monday night, we got some pretty good (or bad) storms. I had just gotten Audrey down for the night and was downstairs with the boys and the sirens go off, my phone and Josh's are beeping. The iPad is beeping. Medina county is under a tornado warning. The skies were pretty clear at our house and the warning was going to expire in about 35 minutes. Nothing came of it. Although, I was a little on edge that Audrey was upstairs. Well.... just at the first warning was expiring, I stepped outside. The clouds were REALLY dark just north of us and very low lying. The next thing I know, Wadsworth is under a tornado warning. I came in the house, went upstairs and told Josh that I was taking the kids to the basement! So we snuggled downstairs for about an hour as we waited for the storms to pass. We watched some TV until just after the warnings were over and the power went out!! Welp, at least it was time for bed. Jackson wouldn't sleep in his own room, so just stuck him between the two of us and he was out in no time. I subsequently carried him back to his room because I could sleep with him in there. I also was struggling to go to sleep because the power was out, it was hot AND I was worried that the power wouldn't come back on and the 300+ ounces of breastmilk that was in my freezer would go back. No worries, the power came back on within two hours of it going it. All is well!
I haven't (I don't think) blogged about my current diet success. And success is just what I've been having. I told myself after Audrey was born that I WAS going to get rid of the extra baby weight I had put on with Jackson. I didn't put on extra weight with Audrey and was wearing my pre-Audrey pregnancy clothes almost immediately after she was born. BUT.... I was still carrying almost 20 pounds from when I was pregnant with Jackson, plus 10 pounds from the first year after I moved to Ohio and lost my daddy. So I finally decided it was TIME. After a little encouragement from my sister's success, I knew that I, too, could do it and it would be a good thing for all of us. Well, tonight, I put on a suit that I haven't worn in over FIVE years. I almost cried. I have lost almost 17 pounds so far and the suit looks good. (And I am glad because I really didn't know what I was going to wear to this award dinner for Josh tomorrow night!) Now, I am wishing I hadn't given my little sister all my old pants back at Christmas time because I bet I can fit in them now!! Whoop whoop!! I did get a few pairs of pants because I was looking ridiculous in my clothes, but I am not ready for a whole wardrobe yet!! I have other goals in mind and I would like to get there before I go spend all Josh's money on some new clothes. Getting the suit on was just one more motivation to keep it up!! Self pat on the back. I'll try to remember to take a picture of me in said suit tomorrow!!













No comments:
Post a Comment