Friday, May 23, 2014

Fun Friday.

The kiddos and I had a great day today.  I was able to be off again this Friday for what is going to be a nice long, fun holiday weekend!  We started the day at 6:30am like this.


 
Yeah, it would have been nice to get a little more shut eye, but how can I resist these smiling faces.  Could you?

Audrey had her six month shots today (four of them, plus the "drink").  We snuggled in bed until it was time to get moving.  It was still a little on the cooler side today, but a little nicer than last Friday.  Since I had intended to take the kids to the zoo last weekend, but the weather didn't cooperate, I thought I would try again today.  We definitely lucked out with the weather today!  So we headed out around 10am to hit up the bank and UPS store before the shots.  Fortunately we didn't wait more than 5 minutes this time to get the shots.  Normally, you show up at appointment time only to wait an extra hour! We are still currently getting shots at the health department, since our family doctor doesn't do immunizations. 

(Just these week, we got a letter stating that our doctor is leaving private practice and we will need to find a new one.  Just what I wanted.  Hopefully we can find another family practice that can take all four of us!  Since we have no medical need for an actual pediatrician, I would prefer that we could all go to the same place.  Guess that's on my list of things to do now.)

Here's Audrey before shots.

She's a real trooper.  She only cries for a  few seconds after the shot is over and then she seems fine.  Today, she passed out as soon as I got her back in the car.  Poor girl needed a nap.  She napped until we got to lunch - Donatos - yum!  The only downside to getting her a new car seat - she wakes up when I get her out of the car.  Oh well.  She nursed and then ate some pears and pizza (minus the cheese).  And then we headed off to the Akron Zoo.

I had been told that you could do the zoo in just a couple of hours.  I was guessing the zoo was going to be about the size of Evansville's, but I think it's actually smaller.  It was perfect for me alone to take both kids.  Jackson walked and Audrey was in the stroller.  I brought the carrier just in case Jackson decided he couldn't walk the zoo, but he did great!

The best part of the zoo was the grizzly bears.  They were brother and sister, Cheyenne and Jackson.  Jackson got a kick out of it that the bear had his name. 












 

This was the girl bear, Cheyenne.  She seems playful... for a bear.... that was behind a thick glass wall...  :)

Jackson was nervous at first to get too close to the wall, but he eventually got up there.

Jackson and Jackson



 

We got a nice lady to take our picture by the wood carved bears. (You can see the bears in the picture of just Jackson and Audrey.)
 


 


 
 
I managed to get this great shot between trying to get Jackson and Audrey to look at me at the same time and between taking the mulch away from Audrey so she didn't eat it!
 
Jackson even helped push the stroller for a little while.
 

 
And we couldn't leave the zoo without riding the carousel. (Although, he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself!)
 


 
And it didn't take but I few minutes in the car before both kiddos looked like this
 
 
 What a fun day we had.  Audrey really hung in there today after those shots.  Now, tomorrow.... house cleaning, the park and a baseball game (loge style!)



No comments:

Post a Comment