Well, we all survived the first day of this new phase of our lives. I think we are all a little tired and out of sorts, but we made it! The day went a little something like this:
4:15am - Mama wakes up for no reason. Ugh!
4:25am - Audrey wakes up crying. I let her go for a few minutes, but she wasn't having it, so I got up and nursed her.
4:45am - Audrey goes back to sleep. Mama does not. Ugh!
5:50am - Mama's alarm clock goes off, not that it was needed.
5:50am - 6:45am - Mama showers and gets ready for work, eats breakfast, loads up the car. After I loaded the car, I was standing around the kitchen trying to figure out what I forgot. It only took a few minutes before I realized that I didn't put Audrey's bottles in the car. Whoops!! I swear, I got ready in record time this morning so I wound up with extra time on my hands in the morning, so I just hung out.
6:50am - Jackson wakes up.
6:55am - Audrey is woken up to get changed.
6:55am - 7:15am - Audrey nurses and Jackson "does his stuff" (i.e. gets dressed, goes potty, brushes his hair and teeth) and he gets a granola bar and Applesauce and eats while Audrey does.
7:20am - This is what time we were supposed to leave the house. Well, it took Jackson nearly 10 minutes to get his shoes on. Both pairs of shoes are new and he puts one pair on and decides that today they are hurting him so then he has to put on the other pair.
7:29am - We are all loaded in the car and ready to go.... FINALLY.
4:25am - Audrey wakes up crying. I let her go for a few minutes, but she wasn't having it, so I got up and nursed her.
4:45am - Audrey goes back to sleep. Mama does not. Ugh!
5:50am - Mama's alarm clock goes off, not that it was needed.
5:50am - 6:45am - Mama showers and gets ready for work, eats breakfast, loads up the car. After I loaded the car, I was standing around the kitchen trying to figure out what I forgot. It only took a few minutes before I realized that I didn't put Audrey's bottles in the car. Whoops!! I swear, I got ready in record time this morning so I wound up with extra time on my hands in the morning, so I just hung out.
6:50am - Jackson wakes up.
6:55am - Audrey is woken up to get changed.
6:55am - 7:15am - Audrey nurses and Jackson "does his stuff" (i.e. gets dressed, goes potty, brushes his hair and teeth) and he gets a granola bar and Applesauce and eats while Audrey does.
7:20am - This is what time we were supposed to leave the house. Well, it took Jackson nearly 10 minutes to get his shoes on. Both pairs of shoes are new and he puts one pair on and decides that today they are hurting him so then he has to put on the other pair.
7:29am - We are all loaded in the car and ready to go.... FINALLY.
Drop off went very smoothly at the daycare. Jackson went with me to take Audrey to her room. Having filled out all the extra papers and dropping everything else off yesterday saved me a little bit of time this morning. She was happy when I left her. I managed to not shed any tears in the process. Then I took Jackson to his room and got him settled and off to work I went.
8:00am - Mama arrives at work and was welcomed back by a hug from the managing partner! I guess they missed me.
The rest of the work day was a blur. I didn't really get a lot of "work" done. I got a lot done, but I am not sure anyone else would call it work. Since I got my new office, I spent most of the day organizing all my files where I wanted them and ultimately just getting settled in. I spent about 2.5 hours with the new interns (and will be spending all of the next two days with them!) I decided to pump three times today, just to be sure that I would pump in a day at least what Audrey was taking at daycare. It was SUPER convenient to have an office with a door that closes, so I could just keep working while I pumped. The first pumping was 5.5 ounces, the second was 5 ounces and the third was 4.5 ounces. So I ended up with a total of 15 ounces PLUS the 4 ounces I pumped at 4:30am. So I got 19 ounces total for the day. I sent four 4 ounce bottles to the daycare. Audrey typically eats every three hours, so really she should only need three bottles. BUT you just never know being in a different environment with different people and not nursing. Was four ounces going to be enough? I didn't know. I had NO idea how much she was getting nursing. Well, she did great they said. She finished the first two bottles pretty much on schedule. The third bottle she started at 4pm and at 5pm when I got to the daycare, she was still "nursing" the third bottle. There was about an ounce left and she didn't seem all that interested in finishing it. So, we brought it home and she did end up finishing it when we got here. Jackson tried to give it to her, but he didn't have the patience to let her try to eat. Jackson did take a few pictures of Audrey. He even got her face in some of them!
After she ate, I had to put her in the bouncer for a little bit, while I worked on dinner. Once I had my plate, I picked her up and held her while I ate. I could tell she was EXHAUSTED. She was out cold by 6pm. According to her "information sheet" she took four naps today - one for 10 minutes, one for 15 minutes, one for 50 minutes, and one for 25 minutes.
Considering she typically takes 1-2 hour naps twice (and sometimes three times) when she was at home, I was not surprised that she was conked out. So basically, I have gotten to spend less than two hours with my little girl so far today. That makes me very sad. But, hopefully, it will get better and she will nap better at daycare and I will get little bit of time with her in the evening when she isn't nursing. And if not, at least I get my time with her when she is nursing. I can do this.
On another note... I read the information that those wonderful seahorses that BOTH of my kiddos own could possible start smoking and catch fire. AHHHH. So I took them both out of the kids' rooms and we took the light/music maker out of them and removed the batteries tonight. I thought I was being all slick about it and was really hoping that Jackson wouldn't notice. I was wrong. A few minutes after I put him to bed, he was asking me where his seahorse was. So we called him back downstairs and gave him an empty seahorse. He was clearly upset that it no longer lit up or played music. We explained to him that it was possible dangerous and that he and his sister were WAY too important to risk those darn things catching on fire. He was still upset, and then, because I am an awesome mama, I told him that he could use his seahorse as a secret hiding place. (Don't tell him I told you that!) The world is right again and his seahorse is full of super heroes!







No comments:
Post a Comment