Jackson Randall
and
Audrey Daniele
Jackson Randall was named after both his daddy and his papaw Mark. All three Elsass "men" share the same middle name. When we first found out we were having a boy, I wasn't totally crazy about the name Randall, but I knew it would be nice to use to continue the name in the family. The final decision was ultimately left up to Joshua. He decided we should go for it. And it went really nicely with Jackson, which isn't a family name at all, but one that is strong and normal. It didn't take too long for me to fall in love with his name. More than four years later, I am SO happy that we named him Jackson Randall. Maybe he will feel the same way about his daddy when he has a son and continues the namesake.
Audrey Daniele was named after her great grandma (GGma) Audrey and my daddy (papaw Dan). Unfortunately, Audrey never got the chance to meet either of her papaws, but we are so lucky that she gets to spend time with a very special lady. When we found out that we were having another baby , I knew that I wanted his/her first or middle name to be Daniel/Daniele. When we found out we were having a little girl, I immediately added the name Audrey to the list. We didn't ultimately decide until right before she was born (same with Jackson). I couldn't be happier with what we chose. And I know that GGma was very honored to have a great grandchild named after her.





I absolutely love your post about namesakes! I completely agree that having strong, meaningful names is so important. Family is forever and it is such a blessing to name your children after such wonderful people!! We were the same way with naming our kids!!
ReplyDelete