Monday, January 6, 2014

Can I Play Outside? For Just a Minute?

My son is totally crazy! 

We finally are getting back into routine.  Josh headed back to work today after two weeks off and Jackson headed back to school.  Like the rest of my maternity leave, I managed to get him to school around 8:40am.  (I'm going to have to get that a little earlier come next week!!)  At this time, the temperatures were still positive.  Like the smart mama I am, I started the car while we ate some breakfast, so it would be a little warm when we got in it.  It was.  I am smart.  Knowing that the temperatures are supposed to drop drastically after noon, I wanted to get a few errands run and get back home.  Audrey was a trooper.  We went to my office, Toys R Us, Lane Bryant, the mall and Target.  This girl is a true shopper.  Get in, get what you need (or return, in this case) and get out! 

After lunch of Subway at the mall (salad sandwich - yum). We were headed to pick up Jackson.  Before I picked him, I needed to get gas.  When I got out of the car at the gas station, I thought I was going to die.  I swear it was like a wind tunnel. I had on a coat, scarf and gloves and it WAS NOT ENOUGH.  My hands were so frozen by the time I got the gas pumping and jumped back in the car.  I was so glad that the next stop was just to get Jackson and then home.  I picked up Jackson and I'm putting his hat and gloves on and his big giant coat, which I don't usually make him wear in the car because it's unsafe to buckle your child in with big puffy coats on.  Once we get all bundled up, we get out to the car and he immediately takes his coat off.  It's okay because my heat is on full blast.  He jumps into his car seat and I run around the car to get in.  When I do, I tell Jackson that it is SUPER cold outside. He told me that he didn't get to play outside today at school and he would like to play outside.  "Will you take me to that park, mama?  Can I play outside?  Just for a minute?"  Of course, I tell him no.  He is crazy.  It's too cold.  "Just for one second, mama?"  This kid really wanted to play outside.  Apparently the now NEGATIVE 2 degree temperature wasn't going to bother him.  Crazy!!

By the way, it's now - 11 with a -37 wind chill. Brrrr...

*************************

This weekend was pretty relaxing.  We didn't really do much.  Although I did get on the elliptical machine.  Jackson came downstairs about 20 minutes into my workout.  He had this say:

"It's okay mommy.  You're 32.  You can do it!"

Maybe he's going to be a personal trainer.

At least I got out of my pajamas and did something!!  I had a hard time getting Jackson out of his this weekend.  Jackson is also really into sitting with Audrey.  They watched some cartoons together on Jackson's tablet.  Super cute.  Audrey seemed to enjoy herself too!





I love my babies!!

*************************

Tonight, Jackson decided that he needed to "work".  Here he is rewriting GAAP!! 


 
Makes total sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment