Friday, January 17, 2014

And Now The Rest of the Story.

The remainder of the work/school week went a little better than day one. I left off the last post with Audrey hitting the sack early.  What came next was not so great.  Audrey woke up at 9pm, 12am, 3am, and 5am.  I ended up feeding her each of those times except 5am.  She feel back asleep in bed with me and stayed that way until just before 7am.  Needless to say, I was exhausted and wishing that I drank coffee.  I am really hoping that it won't take Audrey too long to get adjusted to this new schedule.  So far, my hoping is paying off.

On Thursday, Audrey did much better at taking naps during the day.  She had three bottles again this time, a little off schedule from normal, but still did great.  One of her teachers, Miss Donna, thought that she might be hungry again around 515pm, but she knew that I was supposed to pick Audrey up at 530pm, so she just snuggled with Audrey in the glider and I was very grateful.  You hear so many times, that they just give them the bottle to make the stop crying, but she didn't.  I thanked her very much because in just a few minutes, I could be home to nurse her rather than have her take the bottle and force me to pump again.  Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE the daycare we send the kids too?  Despite the $350 / week bill that comes with it, we couldn't ask for a better group of ladies to watch our kiddos.

Thursday night, Audrey did much better too.  She ate a little after 6pm and she was awake until after her bath at about 715pm.  Then she had enough and went to bed.  I "dream fed" or "sleep fed" her around 10pm and she didn't nurse again until almost 5am.  She did wake up crying just before 3am, but she did go back to sleep.  The Tylenol PM that I took before I went to bed allowed me to fall back asleep quickly.  After she woke up around 5am, I did go back to sleep for a little bit.  When I did, I dreamed that I was in the show Scandal.  Kerry Washington was there and everything.  AND we both puked in the same bathroom. (Not really sure why, but I remember it being about national security!!!)


Today, I think Audrey slept the ENTIRE day.  Total nap times so far:

Wednesday:  1 hour and 40 minutes
Thursday:      3 hours and 55 minutes
Friday:          5 hours and 20 minutes

I am glad that she is adjusting.  She came home happy and ready to eat.  Josh laid her on the floor just before 7pm and this is what happened shortly after:


I picked her up and took her to her bed.  Looks like she is sleeping in her clothes tonight!

Audrey also didn't really eat today.  When I pick the kids up, I typically go in to get Audrey's remaining bottle out of the fridge before I go into her room.  When I opened the fridge, she had TWO bottles in there.  I couldn't believe it.  That means she only had 8 ounces in nine and a half hours.  Well, even that wasn't right because her first bottle of the day, she only took two ounces.  My baby girl went 9.5 hours on only 6 ounces.  This can't be right.  Of course, I hate that she didn't eat, but that they also dump the two ounces that she didn't eat, if she doesn't take the bottle within an hour.  UGH.... Pumping is hard work and to know that it just got tossed down the drain is awful.  I did ask if she seemed to WANT the four ounces on the other bottles and her teachers said yes.  I just didn't want to send four ounce bottles if she seemed to only want three.  So for now, I will keep sending four ounce bottles and hopefully she eats more than six ounces a day.  I guess she was just too tired to eat!

Jackson is doing good too.  He got some headphones for his tablet this week.  When he watches his cartoons, he complains if Audrey is crying.  So Josh found these kid headphones and Jackson thinks they are pretty cool.  They have some feature that keeps the volume low so it won't damage his ears.  He loves them.


Jennifer Elsass... good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment