Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Hungry Caterpillar.

I planned the theme of Audrey's party before she was ever born.  (I know -- ridiculous!)  I found some great party ideas on Pinterest when planning Jackson's 4th birthday, so I pinned them, knowing I would use them for Audrey.  And I think it turned out great!

We started the day with a little (or a lot) of crying from Audrey.  It's her party, she can cry if she wants to!

Mamawk found the great caterpillar tube for Audrey, but she wanted nothing to do with it!

 
And then the party got started.  Here's a few shots of the cakes, cookies and decorations.
 



 
The day was nice enough that we got to have the party at Mamawk's again.  Which made it super nice for me (although I was running around like crazy to get everything set up... once again!)
 
After taco bar lunch (which Uncle Jason was SUPER excited about), we sang happy birthday and Audrey wasn't going to wait until we were done before she started to dig into her smash cake!
 


 
 
And then the smashing began!!  First appendage in the cake... her foot!
 

 
This is what the cake looked like after she was done!  (Mommy helped a little bit!)
 
 
After yummy cake, Audrey got to open her presents!
 
















 
She was pretty serious the whole day -- although we got a few smiles during present opening!
 
After all that hard work, Ed managed to put her to sleep!
 
 
 And then the big kids got to play with the toys!
 

 
And a few more shots of playing and crawling around outside.
 




 


 
She may have smashed her face into the concrete.  #RoadRash
 
And once the party was winding down, the kiddos sent the balloons to heaven so the papaws could be part of the festivities!
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment