So Monday night and tonight, he showered at home (after one shower at Grams' house on Saturday!) He does a good job of washing himself and his hair. He picked out a bath puff at Target on Monday night and now loves to use it in the shower. He did think that he was going to stand in the shower for 30 minutes and play with bath toys. I had to tell him otherwise.
When he rinses the shampoo out of his hair, he stands directly under the water and looks down and lets the water (and shampoo) run all out of his hair. I was surprised that this is the way he decided to tackle the hair washing. He told me that's how daddy does it, so that's what he's going to do. Whatever works, bud!
Mealtime is always a challenge with the little kids. But, we have one staple that ALL the babies love. Pizza Hut Cheese Pizza. After battles with food for the weekend, we decided on Saturday night to just order a pizza and call it day. The kiddos loved it!! You all know you wish you were sitting at this table!! (There are so many kids that mom was actually kneeling on the floor!!)


On our way home on Sunday, I let Jackson picked what to have for lunch. He chose Wendy's, which was no surprise! We got there, used the restroom and then waited FOREVER to get food. I sat the kiddos down at a table to yogurt, applesauce and fruit to hold them over until I got a cheeseburger and chicken nuggets. They were super cute and Jackson was such a big help taking care of his baby sister.
We've done A LOT of traveling lately. And it's typically not too bad. This past Sunday really no different... EXCEPT for the 5 or 6 miles of following the pace car (i.e. policeman) on I-71 through Cincinnati. It was crazy. There are three lanes of traffic. The speed limit is 55. And there is a cop in the middle lane. No one was willing to pass the cop. Instead, they just all made a line across all three lanes coasting for what seemed like an eternity. I was relieved when the cop finally exited the interstate. It was funny watching everyone just take off after the cop was gone.
A few more weekends of travel and then home until Thanksgiving. I can't wait!



No comments:
Post a Comment