Thursday, October 23, 2014

Party Prepping

This week was a crazy, busy week for us at home.  Daddy was gone all week "at his Hebron work" (as Jackson says).  And we had a lot to do to get ready for Audrey's birthday party.  After basketball on Monday night, we had to buckle down and get our cooking done.  Jackson was really excited to help me make the cookies for the party. 
 
On Tuesday night, we mixed up the dough.  It needs to be put in the refrigerator to make it easier to cut-out.  Jackson was loving this part.  He only made a slightly larger mess than I would have if I had worked alone.  It was worth the clean up to work with this little guy!
 
 

 
On Wednesday night, we really got things going in the kitchen.  We mixed up the brownies and put those in the mini brownie pan.  We rolled out the cookie dough and made "beautiful butterflies."  All while the baking is going on, I browned 7 pounds of ground beef and ground turkey and cooked 4 pounds of chicken -- all for the amazing taco bar.  I was feeling pretty accomplished (and exhausted) when I got it all done.

 

 
Here's a few pictures of the finished cookies.  Jackson did awesome.  Some cookies had a lot more sprinkles than others and he really got creative at the end. 
 
And now... let's party!

No comments:

Post a Comment