Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Because I'm Five Now.

"I can do that because I'm five now."

This is what I heard for most of the day as we celebrated Jackson's 5th Birthday.  Since this was the last year that Jackson will not be in school for his birthday, I took the day off so that we could do something special and celebrate his birthday.  (Besides, isn't five a big birthday?!?)

We started the day with a quick meeting at my office.  The A&A department even sang happy birthday to Jackson.  He had half of a pumpkin donut and a bite of an apple cinnamon donut.  (Mommy wished she could have eaten the rest of what he didn't eat, but I knew the rest of the day -- week -- wasn't going to be so great!)  After a quick meeting, we went down the street to pick up a little cake to have with his birthday. In the parking lot of Tiffany's there was a motorcycle cop.  He asked Jackson if he wanted to sit on his bike.  Jackson was a total turd.  We struggled just to get our picture taken.  The cop even turned the lights on and was going to let Jackson run the siren.  Nothing was going to get Jackson to cooperate, so we gave up and headed to Target for Jackson to spend some of his birthday money.  He bought some Marvel superhero action figures that all the parts to the different people are interchangeable. 

After Target, we went bowling.  It was the ONLY place open during the day.  I didn't think anything about all the places we could go being closed because all the kids are in school.  He likes bowling, so it did work out. 








After three games of bowling, we made a quick trip to Dr. Joe (I know -- not for Jackson, but mommy really needed an adjustment before the long weekend away!)  Then it was off to lunch -- Jackson's choice.  He chose Pizza Hut.


After lunch, we did pick up Audrey and head to Hebron to go swimming at daddy's hotel! Since Josh was in Hebron for the week, we saved him some traveling and us some time too by meeting him there.  So we got there early and got to go swimming.  Jackson loved it.  Audrey was not a happy girl.






 
The kids then got baths in daddy's hotel room and we relaxed a little bit before dinner.  Then off to dinner we go.  Unfortunately, daddy and mommy have been a little under the weather (daddy more so than mommy), but we did enjoy dinner. The kiddos were both good.  We lit some candles on Jackson's cake and let him blow out the candles.  (This was a fun thing we did last year and thought we'd keep it going).
 

 
The one final stop before we headed to Cincinnati for the night -- Daddy's Hebron work.  We got to check it out for a few minutes before it was time for us to hit the road and daddy to get some much needed rest.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment