Somehow Brandon convinced Katie to do it, which then made me think it might be fun. I was coming home anyway. Then I found out Kelly and Joel were going to do it, so I was in. I can do this, right? The comment I got from Joel -- "You know there's going to be mud, right?" Guess they know me pretty well!
The obstacle course included climbing over hay bails, running through tubes, carrying rocks up and down hills, running through the woods (uneven and full of sticks), running through tires and under and over ropes in the woods, running through mud and muddy water, ducking under a building and crouching down to walk through more mud (ultimately trying not to loose your shoes), a ledge walk (that didn't seem to hard, until you got up to it and realized that you were really short and can't reach the top ledge to hold on), a cargo net, an ice bath (a muddy ice bath -- which was surprisingly refreshing), 6ft walls, 8ft walls, a warped wall, rope climb, crazy monkey bars, bunny hopping over two foot high boards, flipping a giant tire (nailed that ultimate Viking challenge) and finally crawling on my hands and knees through mud to the finish line.
Kelly, Katie and I pretty much stuck together throughout the course. The boys all did their own thing. We skipped a few things that we just knew we couldn't do (the rope climb, the monkey bars and the warped wall). The three of us finished right at 90 minutes. It seemed much longer than that on the course, but we got our official times. There were lots of periods of waiting for certain obstacles. They should time the heats out a little differently so you don't wait 20 minutes for any obstacle. I guess the ones that are in it to win it are in the very front anyway, but you lose a lot of momentum and adrenaline when you have to stop and wait your turn!










No comments:
Post a Comment