Although we didn't plan on going to Holiday World this year, we sort of happened upon going. Katie and her family were all going on Friday and then Kelly and Joel decided they were going to take their kiddos. Mom asked me if I wanted to take the kids and that she would meet up with me around noon to pick up Audrey. Soooooo, we decided to give it a try. Jackson was super pumped. It was "going to be the best day ever!" We spent Thursday night at Mamawk's house and then headed straight to Santa Claus on Friday morning. Kelly had an extra child's ticket from Cummins, since Tyler didn't need one. I had brought the stroller... just in case. So we met up with Kelly, Joel, Lily and Tyler. The kids played for a little bit in Holidog Town and then we had some lunch. After lunch, the Bashams headed to the waterpark, while my kiddos and I rode some rides while we waited for Grams to pick up Audrey.
After Grams picked up Audrey, Jackson and I headed back for some "big kid" fun. We went to the water park. Jackson rode his first big slide -- the Watubee. He also rode the Jungle Racers.... twice. I was so nervous about the Jungle Racers. Those slides looked so big from the bottom and Jackson seemed so small. He kept telling me that he wanted to try them. Well, you have to get a mat and take it to the top of the slide, so we went to pick up mats and I made him watch them come down a few times before we headed up. I did NOT want to get up there and then have him change his mind. Katie ended up meeting up with us and riding with us. We got to the top and Jackson was all ready to go. When we got ready to slide, I had to help Jackson get going. Katie took off at the same time as him and I went a few seconds after them. And I'm glad that I did because I got to watch Jackson going barreling down this slide and LOVING it the whole way. As soon as we got to the bottom, he said that he wanted to do it again. So we did...
We played a little more in water park before it was time to head to Grams' house. We were pooped by the time we got there. Pushing Audrey in the stroller through Holiday World is one thing. Pushing Jackson is a whole other thing!













No comments:
Post a Comment