Have I mentioned recently how much I enjoy having flexible Fridays? Well, today was one of those Fridays, but it went a little something like this:
5:00am - Wake up to Jackson crying about wanting to ride on the school bus. Needless to say, I have NO idea what he is talking about. He goes back to sleep almost immediately. I do not.
6:26am - Wake up to Jackson crying about wanting to eat breakfast with daddy, even though he isn't supposed to be awake yet. Get up time is 7:00am. Jackson climbs into bed with mama and continues to cry for his daddy. Ugh! Mama is super tired and just wants her 14 more minutes of sleep.
6:40am - Alarm clock goes off. Jackson now wants to watch a show on his tablet. Fine. Mama goes and gets breakfast from downstairs (blueberry muffins and milk) and Jackson's tablet. He eats and watches Superman while mama takes a shower.
7:04am - Jackson will NOT get dressed or brush his hair or teeth. He will not go to the bathroom and proceeds to cry for his daddy. OMG. It's going to be a rough day. (He does finally get it all done, but he wants me to go to the bathroom with him while he does it, but I don't have time because I move like a snail because I am as big as a house and struggle to do just about everything because I hurt so badly EVERYWHERE.
7:45am - Whoops, we missed the time we were supposed to leave the house.
7:55am - We leave the house and this mama has to pee really badly, but is trying to hold it until we get to Paragon for my 36 week check-up. (Don't worry, I did make it and I did not pee in my pants!)
8:20am - Get to Paragon. Pee in cup! Thank the Lord for not peeing my pants! Jackson is really good while we are at my doctor's office. He watches Superman on his tablet.
8:30am - Actually get called back on time. Amazing. Love morning appointments. No weight gain in the last two weeks despite the cake, cookies, brownies and rice krispy treats!! Blood pressure is still really good - 106/62. Today, I saw the midwife that actually delivered Jackson nearly 4 years ago. We start by measuring my belly - approximately 35.5cm. Then the heartbeat which was about 134bpm. As soon as Jackson heard that sound, he knew it was baby sister. His face was glowing. It was super cute. (Then he went back to watching Superman.) Cathy did the exam and now I am 2cm dilated already. (Yeah - looks like an October baby will be coming because certainly I will not punished into carrying this baby for more than 4 more weeks!!) Then, Cathy tells me that she isn't 100% sure this baby girl is head down. She thought so from the external exam and from the location of the heartbeat, but when she was doing the internal exam she thought that what she was feeling was a little too soft to be the skull (although she said she could be feeling a soft spot and she could be head down). She didn't want to keep trying to feel around: 1) it is not totally comfortable for me and 2) she didn't want to accidentally break my water. Great - now what? So next week I am getting an ultrasound to determine the position of the baby. If she is breech, they will try the manipulate her position, which apparently does work 50% of the time. If it doesn't work, we will likely get to pick this baby's birthday and have a C-section. I am not looking forward to that, so for now, I am crossing my fingers that she really is head down or the manipulation works.
9:11am - Head to BMF to drop off some papers on the way to the dentist.
9:45am - Arrive at dentist office - really have to pee again! I had an appointment at 10:00 that I actually got called back EARLY for. That NEVER happens. Jackson came back and watched me get my teeth cleaned and checked out. Healthy mouth. No cavities. Yeah.
10:15am - Jackson's turn. Jackson did NOT want to cooperate this time. It took him a long time just to barely open his mouth to show the dentist that he did, in fact, have teeth. Eventually, he did let the dentist check him out and brush his teeth. He also has a healthy mouth and does a good job brushing his teeth. He got a lot of stickers from the dentist.
10:50am - Head home to grab the PJs that I needed to take back to Carter's (because, of course, I wouldn't have remembered such a think before I left the house. At least it was on the way to the outlet mall. Also have to pee again! Ugh. I hate peeing.
11:15am - Arrive at Outlet mall to spend the $30 in Gap money, the $20 in Carter money and return the PJs. I did a fairly good job at the GAP just spending the $30 in GAP money. They had some cute sweaters for 50% off. After the GAP, Jackson and I walked over to the food court. He was STARVING. You would have thought he hadn't eaten in days. We had some pizza and then we peed.... again. I headed over to Carter's to return the jammies and spend the $20 in Carter money. I swear, one of these days, I will walk out of that store only spending the Carter money. Someday. I ended up getting Jackson a few pairs of jammies for the winter. They were buy one get one, which made them each $6 after my coupon (because you NEVER go to Carter without a coupon!) I also got some long sleeve 6 month attire for baby girl. I got the tub of 6 month closes from Kate this last weekend after Jackson's birthday party (I will do a separate post on that, but I need some pictures from Aunt CC!!) Most of the 6 month stuff is short sleeve and summer because both of my nieces were born in late January/early February. Let's just say that I did spend more than the $20 in Carter money and the $15 I got for the jammies (even though I only paid $7 - see sometimes it pays to have lost the receipt!!)
12:10pm - Leave the outlet mall and head to the doctor's office. Jackson had his 4-year well visit today.
12:40pm - Arrive at Dr. Eley's really having to pee! AHHHHHH..... The nurse was waiting for us as we came out of the bathroom. I LOVE this about our doctor's office. We NEVER wait. Jackson weighs 45 pounds and measured 41 inches tall. The nurse asked him all kinds of questions, which Jackson was too shy to answer. He did read the eye chart in the doctor's office, and his eyes are pretty good. After the eye chart, Jackson had to strip to his underwear and wait for the doctor. Well.... anyone who knows my kid, KNOWS THAT IS NOT GOOD. Jackson doesn't really care for being naked (or just in his underwear!) He cried and cried and cried until we let him put his clothes on.
Everything else checked out just fine. He is a healthy growing 4-year-old (almost!) Our doctor's office doesn't do any kind of immunizations anymore, including the flu shot, so we decided to go over to CVS to get our flu shots. I also needed the TdAP, which my midwife wants me to get in the third trimester. Typically, you can get this at the pharmacy as well.
2:30pm - Arrive at CVS in Wadsworth. We headed to the back to the pharmacy and it turns out CVS will not give flu shots to anyone under 14, so Jackson was out. I was able to get a flu shot, but they didn't have the TdAP. Great. I was told that the pharmacy at a local store may have it. The lady at CVS was super nice and called for me to find out. They don't have it either, but they have the flu mist stuff that they give to kids. Guess I will be calling the health department to see if I can get these taken care of. We waited what seemed like FOREVER to get the flu shot. I had to pee... AGAIN. I did finally get the shot and were able to go home.
4:15pm - Arrive home (see I told you we were at the pharmacy FOREVER). I decided that since I was already 2cm dilated, I would go ahead and think about packing my bag. I already have doubles of everything that I would need, so I did pack my bag. I also got the baby's stuff ready to go too. There are a few things that will get thrown in last minute, but I feel pretty good about having that done. Then I decided I would try to finish up getting everything in its place in the baby's room. We had our furniture delivered on Wednesday morning, so now everything is in its proper place. I think I got everything all sorted out and I am now washing all the clothes so they can be put back in the closet ready for baby girl. (Promise to post pictures of the kids rooms soon too!)
5:30pm - Sit down on the couch, just as Joshua gets home from work.
Needless to say, it was a really busy day and now I am exhausted. Jackson has to be too. I think he will sleep good tonight. Ever since I sat down on the couch, this baby girl has been going crazy. Jackson FINALLY got to feel his baby sister kick. He has been trying so hard, but just never had the patience to stick out. This time, he didn't need patience. He was pretty cute about the whole thing. Josh still thinks it is weird! :)
I was too tired to take the 36 week photo, so I will probably do that tomorrow. But here are some pictures of the furniture:





No comments:
Post a Comment