Friday, October 18, 2013

Another Birthday Party, More Sickness, Excruciating Pain, Puzzles and a "Fall Festival"

So this week has turned out to be pretty eventful.  Sunday morning was just the beginning....

Another Birthday Party
Jackson and I went to a birthday party on Sunday afternoon for a daughter of one of my former co-workers.  Of course, Jackson was super shy at first, so we spent some time on the playground outside at first.  (He did eventually warm up and played with all the other kids!)

 

Got somethin' in his shoe!!
More Sickness Following by Excruciating Pain
So after Jackson was sick during the week and then Josh early Sunday morning, I managed to spend the hours of 11:30pm Sunday night to 3:00am Monday morning puking and then dry heaving.  UGH!!!  I didn't really feel bad other than my stomach was just a mess.  By the time I stopped, I was so tired and weak and shaking, I thought I would never go to sleep.  I did... for a little while.

Monday morning was the version.  Josh was feeling well enough to take me to the hospital, thank goodness.  I was a nervous wreck. I am not really sure why, but as we walked through the parking garage at the hospital, I couldn't help but to cry a little.  Josh said it was all going to be okay.  (If only...)

They got us settled into one of the triage rooms in labor and delivery and they ended up giving me some fluids while they were monitoring me and the baby, since I had such a rough night.  They also gave me a shot of a medication that is supposed to relax the smooth muscles (aka the uterus), so that it would be easier to turn the baby.  The side effects..... severe anxiety!!   Okay, so that wasn't the actual side effect, but that is what it felt like.  The nurse said that it could increase the heart rate and make you feel like you drank an entire pot of coffee.  It only took about 5 minutes before I was going crazy.  My hands were shaking uncontrollably and I was crying and couldn't control it.  Anxiety..... why would they do this to someone who is about to have a doctor try to flip a human being growing inside that someone!?!?!?!?  By the time the doctors got in the room, I was doing okay.  They tried to turn her 3 times or so and I will tell you, it was the WORST, MOST EXCRUCIATING PAIN I have ever felt. It was way worse than labor.

They tried to move her one way and she really wouldn't budge.  So they tried the other way.  Her head would move, but I think she was just trying to touch her nose to her knees.  Her butt was going nowhere.  As soon as the doctors would let go, she would go right back to where she started. 

Version = Unsuccessful

After it was over, Josh and I went home and I slept for hours.  The rest of the week has felt like I was hit by a bus.  We are now scheduled for a cesarean section on Friday, October 25 at 11:30am.  One more week.

Puzzles
Jackson got this 3D puzzle for his birthday from Ggma and Grandpa.  This week, Josh and Jackson tried putting it together. 

 
 
 

"Fall Festival"
Not THE Fall Festival, but one they have at Jackson's school.  It is more or less their Halloween party.  The kids all get dressed up in the customs and do crafts and make snacks.  Each year, Jackson is really shy at first and won't do anything, but then he always ends up having a good time.

 
Before we left home for the party.  My little muscle man.  I was getting such a kick out of him!
 
 

 


 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment