On Wednesday morning, Jackson came into the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth and he says "I'm four, mommy!" Of course, I tell him that I know he is four years old now. He's says, "No, mommy, I am four. When is baby coming?" I guess telling him that he had to turn four first was very literal in his mind. I had to explain that baby gets to decide when she is born, just like he did. He seemed to accept that.... for now.
I got to Jackson a little later on Wednesday evening than I thought, and I just before I got to school, he fell in the playroom and jammed his thumb. He was holding an ice pack on it and he looked a little distraught! He didn't want to move it, and I couldn't tell whether or not he had done any serious damage. So we went home. I got him an ice pack when we got home and I asked him to wiggle his thumb around. He did some, but he really didn't want to. At this point, I don't think that it is broken. He decides that he doesn't want to eat supper and settled on eating yogurt, granola and raspberries for dinner. I didn't think it looked to great the first time, but when we saw it a little later that night, he really didn't look so good. Ugh!!
Jackson was sitting on the couch and he kind of coughed a little and got that look on his face that this was not good. I ran and got the bucket... just in case. Smart move on my part because 15 minutes later, I was seeing the yogurt for the second time. He seemed to get the majority of what he ate out and then he was ready for bed. We ended up laying him on the floor in the family room and he completely passed out. When Josh picked him up and took him upstairs, he woke a little and then he was vomiting more yogurt. Great, it's gone be a long night! He proceed to dry heave a couple of times over the next couple of hours. He didn't really have anything in his system, so there wasn't anything left to get rid of. He wasn't complaining about anything else. He said his belly didn't even hurt. Maybe this vomiting was from the getting worked up over his thumb. Who knows.
On Thursday morning, it was like nothing had ever happened. He woke up chipper as could be, but really thirsty. A little bit of Gatorade later and he was good to go!
So, then I had a doctor's appointment and ultrasound because the midwife I saw last week thought this baby girl was breech..... And she was right! Great. I jokingly said to Josh that this baby girl is already not as smart as Jackson because she didn't know which was she was supposed to be facing! One of the partners at my office just said she is high maintenance and didn't want to have a cone head or a schmooshed up face. Maybe she takes after her mama a little bit!!! Everything else checked out great at the ultrasound. Heartbeat of 132 and she is measuring at most 7.5 pounds - so right on target with where Jackson was. In the ultrasound, we could see baby girl has some hair. The technician was fascinated because it was so "long." She measured some of the strands that were "flying in the wind" or floating in the fluid. They measured 2cm long. It was pretty crazy. There really wasn't a lot else that was clear, but here are a few shots of her little feet!
The doctor I saw afterwards gave me a couple of options since she is breech:
- Do nothing and see if she turns on her own. It's not really common after 37 weeks for babies to turn on their own. If I do nothing, I could deliver a breech baby or have a C-section.
- Schedule a C-section. Delivering a breech baby has a lot of risks to it and isn't a common occurrence.
- Schedule an external cephalic version or version and try to turn the baby to the right position. There are a few risks with this procedure. They could break my water while trying it and I would have to deliver or have a C-section on Monday. The process could distress me or the baby and I could have to have a C-section on Monday.
I opted for number 3. I am not stupid enough to try to deliver a breech baby and I would like to try to avoid a C-section if I have other options. I know it can be uncomfortable or painful, but the whole process takes only a little bit of time. So Monday morning, I have to be at the hospital at 9am for a 10am version! Wish me luck!
Baby Girl: 36 Weeks 4 Days | Jackson: 36 Weeks 6 Days
So yesterday, we got a bunch done around the house, got it cleaned and I ran a few errands just in case. (Although, I think everything will be fine and I won't be having this baby on Monday!)
And to top all of that off.... Josh woke up with what is likely the flu at 4am! He was puking by 6am and is running a fever of 101. Oh boy! He is resting on the couch now and hopefully it is just a 24 hour thing. Jackson I ran up to the grocery to get food and medicine and we have a birthday party this afternoon, so Josh can rest up in a quiet house.
Here's hoping this next week is less eventful!



No comments:
Post a Comment