Friday, August 30, 2013

"Mom, can you get this animal book out of my bed?"

Jackson and I spent the entire day together today and it started just after 6am.  I peaked my head into Jackson's room and he said "It isn't sunny outside yet, mommy. I am going to sleep some more."  Well, that ended up being a lie.  As soon as I walked away from his door, he was jumping out of bed to come to our room to watch a cartoon.

After we got ready for the day, we ate some French Toast and then headed out to run a  Ton of errands.  I asked Jackson if he would rather go to school and play with his friends.  He didn't.  So we hit up Sam's Club, Aurora Outlet Mall, Golf Galaxy, Summit Mall, and Target.  Whew!

Sam's was quick and painless.  Since we have the plus member, I can get in early before the crowds.  And then we made it to the outlet mall by 10am.  Since it is Labor Day weekend, everything was on sale.  We took some shoes back and exchanged some others.  Then I let Jackson shop for his fall and winter clothes.  He was having a blast.  It took three times as long to let him do it than it would if I had been alone, but it was really fun to watch him.  We got some clothes and picked out matching jamming for all the Fonner grandbabies.  By the time we finished at the outlet mall, it was nearly 12:30 and we were starving.  We grabbed some lunch and headed out to pick up Josh's birthday present at Golf Galaxy.  We hope he likes it.

The mall was our next stop - this mama needed to replace some makeup and the nursing bras were on sale, so I got some of those too.  But the real reason I wanted to go was so that Jackson could pick out and stuff an animal for his baby sister.  We put the build-a-sound in it that has her heartbeat recorded on it.  Jackson was so excited. He picked a bunny rabbit.  He helped do everything and followed all the instructions the lady was telling him.  He gave the bunny a bath and then typed out her birth certificate all by himself on the computer.  He was so proud.








After the mall, our final stop was Target.  When we got there, Jackson said he was going go get a drink there and then we were going to "get in and get out" so he could go home and lay down on the couch.  I guess he was tired.

He did almost fall asleep on the way home, but then he got his second wind.  While I was relaxing on the couch, he was going crazy around the house.  At 8pm, it was definitely time for bed.  We ended the night with Jackson yelling down the stairs, "Mom, can you get this animal book out of my bed? The one with the sheep and cows and dogs."  Apparently, he had too many books in his bed and he needed that one gone.  

Tomorrow - Rinky Dinks for Joshua's birthday and Jackson's 6 weeks on green!

No comments:

Post a Comment