Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Three Weeks On Green and Other Random Stuff

Last Thursday marked the third full week (well four days since I was off on Fridays) that Jackson was on green every day.  I don't think Josh or I could believe it.  He has been so good and his teachers keep making comments about his good behavior.  We couldn't be prouder.  Last week, he got some new friends in his class and apparently Jackson was comforting one of them that was crying after his mommy left.  Jackson told the little boy that the mommies and daddies always come back to pick up the kids and he shouldn't cry because pre-school is fun.  How sweet of him.

I was trying to think of something to do with Jackson that would be special on Friday since he was "super good."  I thought about the Akron Zoo, but between the weather not cooperating and the severe back pain that I have, we weren't going to make it on Friday.  When we got up, Jackson was really sad and he wanted his daddy, so I decided to see if we could pick Josh up for lunch.  Josh said he could get away and Jackson was pumped.  So we picked Josh up from work and we went to a pizza and salad bar (which had way more than salad on it) and had a nice lunch.  We don't get to do that very often because of the schedules Josh and I have at work.  After lunch, Jackson and I were going to hit up Sam's Club and head home.  After Josh got out of the car, Jackson had this "I'm trying to be a big boy and not cry, but it is not working" face.  He was so sad that Josh had to go back to work.  He ended up crying for a good 10 minutes.  I felt awful.  Poor kid just wanted to spend the day with his daddy.  (And to make it worse, Josh was going to Columbus to help with the Sadler kitchen remodel and wasn't going to be home for the weekend!!  Ahhh!!!)

We detoured on the way to Sam's at the Toys R Us, where Jackson got to pick out some new Legos (that were on sale - yeah!!) since he has been so good.  There was no more crying after that.  



Then at Sam's Club, there was no way I was going to be able to pick Jackson up and get hi in the cart.  He is a 43 pound almost 4 year old.  Well, he didn't want to walk.  Ugh!  He ended up standing on a bench and then climbing into the back part of the cart.  It worked out okay.  When it was time to get out, just pulled the cart up to my car and he climbed into the back of the car from the cart.  Success!!

Jackson is in this phase of he wants whatever I am having.  We ask him what he wants for lunch or dinner and his response is always "I'm having what you are having."  When I tell him we are having salad, he says he doesn't like that.  So again, I ask him what he wants.  "What you are having."  Impossible.

The weekend was fairly mild.  We spent some time outside, went to the grocery and cleaned house while Josh was gone.  Jackson was concerned when I took all the sheets off the bed.  He told Josh about it when he got home from Columbus.  Must have been a big deal for him.  Apparently, he has never watched me wash sheets!


Tonight, we stopped on the way home from work/school to pick up some milk from the grocery store.  We can't do without having milk in this house these days!  Milk was right by the yogurt and Jackson decided that he needed a few yogurts too, so I let him pick some out - orange creme seems to be his favorite.  (A boy after my daddy's heart!)  When is was time to pay for our groceries, we decided to hit up the self check-out.  We only had a few items and I thought Jackson might get a kick out of it.  He did.  He managed to scan all the groceries by himself and put them on the conveyor belt.  Then he even helped bag his own groceries.  It was super cute.  Maybe he will be a grocer when he is old enough to have a paying job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment