Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Safety Night at Target

Last Tuesday on my way to pick up Jackson, I saw a bunch of emergency vehicles and tents set up in the parking lot of the Wadsworth Target.  After I got Jackson, we decided to go check out what was going on.  (Josh was playing basketball.)  Turns out, they were having a Safety Night at Target. There were policemen, firemen, paramedics and all kinds of emergency vehicles on site.  They were letting all the kids take "tours" of the vehicles.  Jackson actually sat in a police car - up front, so no worries.  I did tell him that I better never find him in one of those again!!  There was also a helicopter medic that landed while we were there.  It circle the area twice and then we watched it land.  Jackson wasn't so sure about it.  He thought it was cool while it was up in the sky, but as it began to land, he was backing farther and farther away.  I think it was too loud.  Although he will tell you it was "super loud" but not loud enough that he had to cover his ears!








At first, Jackson was pretty shy, but then he opened up and I got some great shots of him.   After we "toured" all the vehicles and even talked to a policeman, we had free supper - hotdogs, bottled water and chips. 

They even had a fingerprint station set up, only it was much more than fingerprints these days.  Everything is, of course, digital.  They got his information (height, weight, hair and eye color, etc) and then they took his picture, got his fingerprints and even did a voice sample.  Now we have a CD will all that information on it.  (God forbid we should ever actually need it.)



By the time we got done, I was exhausted and Jackson was filthy, so we headed home for bathtime and bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment