Sunday, December 14, 2014

Santa Sighting.

Today, I took the kiddos to Santa Claus at Summit Mall.  In years past, I have always managed to have a day off to take them during the week... in the middle of the day... when all the other parents (and their children) are unavailable to visit with Santa Claus at the mall.  Welp... not this year. 
 
After a nice breakfast at the Aubley's, Jen and I took the kids to the mall to see Santa, who would arrive at 11am.  We left daddy with Uncle Clint to do "man things."  When we arrived at the mall, we discovered a nice line that we would have to wait in to see Santa Claus.  So.... we waited!
 
 Jackson was AMAZINGLY patient while he waited.  Audrey - no so much.  Jen or I pretty much had to hold her for the entire time we waited.  Once we got close to the wreath, she wanted to play with the ribbon.  And since I am such a good mom, I let her play with it!!
 


 
The night before, I asked Jackson if he had made his list for Santa Claus.  Of course he hadn't, so he got right on that.  This is what he came up with.
 
 
Balls, Trucks, Shirt, Cars, Bracelet, Superman, Dogs, Hat, Batman,
Sweatshirt, Roben (sp), Book Bag. 
 
Dogs? What?  I did ask him about this (and his daddy - who claimed to know nothing!)  Jackson said he wanted TOY dogs (so no one get any bright ideas just yet!)  After Jackson made his list, he also made one for his sister.  It had a lot of the same things on it. Rather than Superman and Batman, it had Super Girl and Batgirl.  But she also wants balls, a new hat, a sweatshirt, and a book bag. 
 
So after we waited for what seemed like an eternity, we FINALLY got to see Santa.  Jackson marched right up and plopped on his lap and started reading Santa his list.  He added yellow scissors and glue to the list while he was chatting it up with Santa.


And then it was time for Audrey to take a seat.  And, of course, she wasn't having it.  I snapped this shot before dodging behind the camera guy so Audrey couldn't see me.

 
Once I was out of sight, Audrey did stop crying, but no one was going to get her to smile!! 
I'll take it though!!

 
After the Santa sighting, it was time to go pick out the 2014 ornaments for the kiddos (and mommy)!  Jackson had a blast trying to decide which ornament he wanted.  He picked out the cutest elephant for Audrey and a football player for himself.  Audrey almost immediately feel asleep after the trauma of sitting on Santa's lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment