Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Visit From the Clauses.

This week, Santa and Mrs. Claus visited the Academy of Young Minds and I was so fortunate to be able to spend the morning at the school with Jackson (and a little bit with Audrey).  I got to help Jackson with an art project before Santa came in. 














Once Santa and Mrs. Claus came to the Pre-K room, the kids got wild.  After they settled down, Mrs. Claus read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  Then each kiddo got a chance to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what they wanted for Christmas.  All the kids in Jackson's class were super cute and only one was too afraid to approach Santa.






 
Jackson did awesome when it was time for him to visit with Santa.  He told Santa that he wanted Lego guys and a plane that Lego guys can fly in.




Next, it was Audrey's turn.  I stopped by her room.  She was super excited to see me.  I picked her up and then Santa and Mrs. Claus came in the room and she gripped my arm.  She was NOT going to allow me to hand her over for the second time to the man in the red suit.  So I didn't and we got our picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus.  Not that it made it any better!!


I finally made it to work around 12:30 and then when we got home for the evening, the kids helped me finalize the teachers' presents -- manicure in a mason jar -- which we delivered today!  I traced Jackson's and Audrey's hand to add to the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment