So Jackson has been doing really good and we have been charting his before school and after school behavior, along with car rides and school behavior too. Something to keep him motivated to stay good, since we had been having so much trouble. Well, daddy is going to be just a little disappointed when he gets home. Monday, Jackson was good all day... until he decided to take a red sharpie (yes, I said sharpie) and write our names on the backs of the kitchen chairs. Mommy was written in RED SHARPIE MARKER ON THE BACK OF OUR WOODEN KITCHEN CHAIRS. OMG, I thought I was going to strangle him. He also managed to write Jackson on one of the chairs. I LOST IT. Jackson was sent to his room. I totally put him on red and then I spent the next 10 minutes scrubbing the sharpie marker off the chairs. It did come off. Thank goodness I caught him in the act of doing it and not three days later. Josh doesn't believe me that it came off, so the test will be if he can find where Jackson wrote on the chairs. Wish me luck, because I think he was madder than me!
I thought Monday night I was going to lose my mind after Audrey screamed at me all night (more on that in a bit), Jackson writing on chairs, and the battery in the smoke detector was low so it was beeping half the night, until I was able to change it (which took FOREVER because I am short!) Fortunately, Tuesday (and so far, tonight) have been much nicer!

Well, we got the bouncer back from Kate. I was pretty excited to see if Audrey would like it as much as Jackson, but so far, she can't touch so there is no jumping. She found the attached toys fun for about a minute before she was over it. Jackson was a little older when we got this for him, so maybe in another month or too she will love it too!
Now Jackson, on the other hand, has tried to get in the jumper at least three times. I don't think he realizes that he is a GIANT!! He tried the jumper, he has been sitting in the bouncer and has even tried to swing in the swing.
I love our morning routine (since we started the chart). Jackson has been super cute and he is always really excited to see Audrey in the morning. If she starts crying after he is awake, he is usually the first to go into her room. "Good morning, baby! Your brother is here. You're okay! Good morning, baby!" And, of course, Audrey quiets down immediately and just smiles at her big brother. I think they really do adore each other.... for now!
And every once in a while (when we aren't running around with our heads cut off trying to get out the door on time), I get a picture or two of my babies!
This past Saturday, Josh and I decided to divide and conquer. Josh took Jackson and they went to the grocery store and cleaned the house. I took Audrey to work with me. I didn't have a lot that I needed to do, so I figured it would be fine. Besides, there are dozen people in my office who can take turns holding the baby (because everyone loves a baby)!
I managed to get everything done that I needed to and then Audrey and I went to get my hair cut. Audrey slept all the way to the salon and then, of course, wakes up right as I am going to get my hair washed. So she sat on my lap while Ashley washed my hair and then I nursed her while I got my hair cut (basically so she could still sit on my lap). It ended up working out okay.
Sunday was a nice relaxing day at home.... doing seven loads of laundry. (I HATE laundry.) At least I stayed on top of it on Sunday and everything was folded AND put away before we went to bed. It was nice to get spend the day home with my family. (Busy season is almost done!)
Jackson decided that he was going to read ALL of the books in his room. So he took them all of the shelves and "read." (Read = flip very quickly through each of the pages!!!)
Audrey relaxing in her chair.
Little Miss Audrey is something else these days. This girl is HIGH MAINTENANCE. She gives her mama a run for her money. For about the last two weeks, just basically wants 115% of your attention and if she doesn't get it, she just screams at you. And screams and screams and screams. Fortunately she calmed down a little bit yesterday and today. The kiddos and I have been having some nice quality time together at home.
Jackson even drew this picture of a boat that is going to take me to MY birthday party in October. It's going to be some party if we have to go there by boat!! I hope y'all can make it and don't get sea sick!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment