Audrey and I have both been fighting the sickness these last couple of weeks and finally started to get some relief last weekend, which was just in time, since we had such a busy weekend. On Saturday, we had dinner with the Brainards (Josh's boss and his family). We had just a great time. They have two girls, Payten and Riley. Riley is Jackson's age, and Payten is 7 (I think). We had lovely dinner and then sat around and talked while the kiddos all played. My beautiful and handsome kiddos all ready for dinner with the boss.
Audrey was still a little under the weather, but she sure is cute!!
After staying out too late on Saturday night, we couldn't just enjoy a relaxing Sunday morning. I realized that my $30 in Carter money was going to expire and if I didn't go that day, I was going to loose out on that free money. And Jackson keeps putting holes in his pants, so I figured I could get him some new ones. It was a fairly nice day, so I took both kids with me to the outlet mall. On the way back, they both feel asleep.
After naps in the car, Jackson was ready to go! He took his track and decided that it was part of his Iron Man armor. It was super cute.
And then just before we got ready to leave to go to a friend's house for a taste test, Jackson completely passed out again watching basketball! Iron Man armor on and everything.
So more on this taste testing. Our friend, Joan, is a free lance writer and was working on an article for these new chips/crackers made by a local company. Jackson was really enjoying it!
He even had to write down his thoughts on the chips/crackers! He's so grown up!
Audrey got to play with their daughter, Alexa. (And the poor thing cannot keep her socks on!)
*************************************
In order to raise money for Harvest for Hunger (to support the Akron Canton Foodbank), my office holds a pancake breakfast twice during the month of March! The second one was just last week and I got to bring my whole family! Jackson was really excited to get to go to my office for breakfast and he wanted to stay all day, rather than going to school. We had a really nice morning and it was something fun to do that doesn't happen very often during the week.
Audrey hanging out with our HR Director, Eileen!!
Audrey's first selfie!
Getting ready for pancake breakfast.
*************************************
We had yet another Fonner grandbaby birthday party this past weekend - celebrating Ayden's fourth birthday. It's hard to believe these boys are getting so old! We left Friday night after work and headed to Cincinnati and then off to Santa Claus on Saturday morning and back to Cincinnati on Saturday evening, and then back to Akron on Sunday morning. (I know, sounds exhausting, right?) The party was a hit, with great food and family. The kiddos all had a lot of fun. I can't wait for them all to get together for more than just a few hours at a time.
Cleaning up after a nice lunch! Ketchup is a little messy!
Audrey wondering why she didn't get anything to eat!
The birthday boy!
Audrey getting some snuggles in with Aunt Katie and Kenzie.
Kenzie was super cute playing with Audrey's hair!
On both Friday night and Saturday night, Audrey wanted nothing to do with sleeping on her own. She went down okay in the crib, but didn't stay that way. She ended up in bed with me at some point during the night. Then on Saturday night, she did the same thing. I thought maybe it was the crib, so Sandy got out the pack-n-play, but it wasn't any better. Needless to say, I was exhausted. Add that to all the traveling, I was really glad to be home in my own bed on Sunday night. And I was even more grateful that Audrey went back to sleeping in her crib with no troubles at all! Whew!
*************************************
The weeks marks the second to last full week of busy season and fortunately the weather seems to finally be turning a corner! I got a few shots of the kiddos yesterday before school - just because they are cute. Audrey is always crazy interested in her big brother! I love it!
*************************************
In other Jackson news, I think I blogged about how crazy this kid has been making me. I finally decided that it was time to try something new. So last week, I decided that I was going to start a chart of all the activities Jackson does during the day (get dressed, brush hair, car rides to and from school, eating dinner, taking a bath, etc). And rather than him just being on red, yellow or green at school, he was going to get "graded" at home too. He gets marked a particular color for each thing he does. The first night we implemented this, bedtime went awesome! The next morning, no one was crying and we got out of the house in record time. I was starting to feel good about this. The sheet also includes school, so we track what color he was on at school too. He is really interested in making sure all the boxes stay green. For the most part, this has been really successful for just over a week. As soon as his starts in on something, I just remind him that we will have to color the box yellow (or red) if his behavior is not good. We have not had one fight in the evening at bed time since we started the chart and minimal arguments in the morning. I think I'm on to something.
Tonight, after I baths and getting Audrey to bed, I came downstairs and told Jackson that it was time for him to got to bed. It was literally 8:01pm. Without a word, he hugged Josh goodnight and headed upstairs. I read him his story, we said goodnights and I love yous and he went to bed. I LOVE NOT FIGHTING WITH HIM!
*************************************
In Audrey news, I gave her some banana yesterday and today. This is the first food she has gotten. Up to this point, she has only had breastmilk. I was planning to wait until she was six months old, but then yesterday, Jackson was eating a banana at suppertime and Audrey seemed kind of interested. So I took part of Jackson's banana and smashed it up and fed it to Audrey. She did great. Tonight, she was way more into getting the banana than she was last night. She also did better at actually getting the banana off the spoon. Yum! Bananas!!



























No comments:
Post a Comment