Thursday, May 30, 2013

That is a lot of "M"s

Three times a year, Jackson's school does evaluations or "developmental records."  May is one of the months they "test" the kids.  Jackson has always done really well on these and this one was no surprise either.  He got a lot of Ms or mastered.  Apparently, he can't hop on one foot yet or walk on a balance beam.  Guess we are spending too much time reading and not enough time working on his other skills!!  Josh says he must be taking after me on those items, since I can't even walk straight.  Oh well.  We also got a good laugh at some of the skills, since Jackson has been doing a lot of these for LONG time.  (Yes, this is me bragging really hard about my kid!)  Here are a couple of snap shots of his record.  I particularly love his drawing of himself.  He kinda looks like a cat.  I also really liked the "can put together 6 or 7 pieces of a puzzle".  They should have a "can do a 100 piece puzzle" on the list.


I also forgot to mention the yesterday morning story when I blogged yesterday.  I wish I would have taken pictures of this.  So yesterday morning, I get in the shower and Jackson was still sleeping.  He slept in.  While I was blow drying my hair, he comes in completely dressed.... FOR WINTER.  He had on fleece sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt and socks.  Now, this would be fine if it weren't already 70 degrees outside at 7:30am.  I told him how proud I was of him for getting his clothes out (and they matched) and being so independent - getting himself ready for school.  I love it.  Then I had to break the news that he had to go try again.  Needless to say, he was NOT happy about this.  Not only did he already get dressed, but he really wanted to wear a football shirt.  Apparently, when I shopped for 4T summer clothes, I didn't get any t-shirts with a football on them.  Fortunately, I did get sleeveless shirts and one of them had a football.  Total meltdown avoided.  He ended up going to school in shorts, flip flops and a sleeveless shirt.  Much different than his original attire.  Now we remember to get out his clothes at night again, so we don't do this again.  In addition to that, Josh showed Jackson the weather app on his iPad so that he knows that it is hot or cold.  Tonight before bed, Jackson asked Josh to show him the weather.  It was cute.

So this morning's story....

I had a really rough night sleeping last night.  My brain wouldn't shut down last night and I was still up at nearly 2 am.  At did at some point after that finally pass out.  And pass out I did.  At some time around 3am, Jackson came into our bedroom and he closed the door rather loudly.  I guess Josh even let him go back to sleep in our bed before taking him back to his room once he was asleep.  I woke up to Jackson coming into our bedroom (fully dressed for the day) at 7:20am.  I asked him what time it was.  He said he got up at 7-1-5.  I looked at my alarm clock and sure enough it was 7:20.  I picked up my phone (what I actually use as an alarm clock) and the alarm shut itself off after 10 minutes of not hitting snooze or dismiss.   Ooops.  Later in the day, I found out that Jackson was sleeping in our bed for part of the night.  I guess when I pass out, I pass out.  Jackson told me that he also sat on the stairs for a little while waiting for me to get up and since I didn't, he wanted to check on me.  Glad he did, or I might have been really late for work.  :)

Today, Jackson was on red at school, so he doesn't get to play with his toys and such.  Well, it was nice enough outside that after bath time, we decided to sit out on the deck.  Jackson decided it was a good time to check on the garden.  He even helped plant some of it.  He was rather impressed by his green thumb. It appears that we have some stuff growing.  Jackson even spotted two green tomatoes on the plants.  He wanted to pick them.  I told him we couldn't until they turned red.  He was confused because usually red means stop or that he wasn't good.  So basically stop is not good, so why should he wait to pick them when they are red?  He should pick them now why they are good aka green.  Hard to explain to a three year old whose logic makes total sense.


Have I mentioned lately that I love him.

Oh, and one more thing...  On the way to school this morning, Jackson said that he wanted to have a baby brother, not a sister.  And more specifically, he wanted to have a baby Tyler.  I thought it was super cute.  Apparently, he adores Tyler so much that he wants one of his own.  I can't blame him for that.  Tyler is super adorable.

 (Yes, Kelly Basham, I stole this photo from your blog too.  I needed to prove a point!)

(This picture isn't that recent, but I think you get the point!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment