As I mentioned in my last post, I finally got to go home to Evansville for a couple of days and spend some time with my wonderful growing family. This weekend, it was just the girls and all the "babies" (since some of them aren't really babies anymore!) Kelly and I both got in on Thursday late afternoon, early evening. We took all the kids the Ritzy's. It was pretty good. I hadn't been there in forever. It was interesting with 4 of the 5 Fonner grandbabies. Then on Friday, Jason had a meeting with his case workers at Canton. I was super excited about that. Two Evansville establishments in less than 24 hours sweet! And even better than that.... Rounders Strombolis for dinner. Yum!! Only the strombolis sure caused a LOT of heartburn that night.
The kiddos were really enjoying spending time reading with grams.
They even got to play this monster game on her iPad. Jackson was LOVING it. Here is his monster.
The first night, the big kiddos all slept with Grams. A nice little break for this mama! Grams put out a blanket on the floor and all the kids snuggled up and read books! It was sweet. Apparently Lily wasn't tired because she didn't want to lay down.
On Saturday, mom had decided that since the weather wasn't that great, we should take the kids to Lloyd Pool. I couldn't even remember the last time I was in that building. The kids LOVED it. Jackson is definitely NOT afraid of the water. I need to get him in swim lessons. Even Tyler was loving being in the water. Kenzie didn't get in, but she was really good sitting in her carrier on the side of the pool. After a few hours, I think all the mamas were tired. We got the kids dressed and took them home for a nap. All the kids except Jackson feel asleep. Regretting not getting the camera out to take some quick shots of the kiddos in the pool.
Here is Jackson and Ayden playing with Tyler (who is absolutely ADORABLE). Tyler was giving his version of kisses to the big boys. Looks more like he is trying to bite their heads off!
Mom made the best dumplings for dinner Saturday night. Josh is a great cook, but I sometimes miss my mamas home cookin'!!
Sunday was travel day. Jackson and I left shortly after breakfast (and a haircut for him). The weather was bad and the traffic was worse. Our 6.5 hour drive turned into 9.5 hours. Jackson was SOOO good. He never complained, not once, about being in the car that long. He totally deserved a special treat for that. After the long drive home, I was exhausted and ready for bed. Every part of me hurt.
And today, every part of my body hurts, kinda like the flu hurt. Hopefully a good night's sleep will help. At least I got to see all these great kiddos! Love my family.

Are you stealing pictures from my blog??? LOL!
ReplyDeleteJust the one, because you are the one that took the picture!! I didn't get a copy before we all left. AND these babies are so cute, how could I NOT repost this picture?
ReplyDelete