Sunday, February 10, 2013

"Good Night, Son!!"

Something Josh has a tendency to say to Jackson when he is being over the top or is just plain making Josh crazy.   Last night, Jackson was, well, being a three-year-old.  (Sometimes it's hard to remember that because he's pretty smart and he typically is so good.)  I was working on some laundry and Jackson was just going nuts on Josh, and just when I can hear it in Josh's voice that Jackson is about to spent some time in the "time-out" chair, Jackson looks at him and says, "Good night, son!!"  Josh was doing everything he could to not laugh.  I couldn't help it.  I was definitely laughing.  Not only did Jackson use it the same way that Josh would, but he said it using the exact same inflection in his voice.  This kid is so much like his daddy it is almost scary. 

I always tell Josh that this is just payback for all the times he was "mean" to me and picked on me.  Jackson doesn't typically try to climb all over me and wrestle with me.  He saves all that for his daddy.  Payback is a b*tch!

Today, Jackson and I put together the Valentines for him to take to his school party.  I went to Target and got these little bags that you decorate with stickers and then I got a few different snacks to put in them.  When Jackson got up from his nap, I asked him to help me put them together.  He did great.  He decorated each bag with stickers, making sure that each bag had the right number of stickers.  Then he filled them.  He was meticulous is making sure that each bag had exactly the same stuff in them.  It was only fair for all of his friends.  He then pulled three bags aside and said that these were for him, Alex and Jack.  (Alex and Jack were the only two babies at the daycare when Jackson started there.  They have been in "class" together since they were babies.  They are both a few months older than Jackson, but seem to stick together.)  After we got all done, he said that he thinks he friends will really like the Valentines and he told me thank you for getting them.  (See - he really is super sweet!!)

Here is a picture from today.  He was taking his track and wearing it like a crown.  He has been obsessed with taking the tracks apart, making a big mess (or decorations, as he called it) and then putting them back together.  Having them strewn around the house makes me crazy, but he loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment