Friday, February 8, 2013

Sick Kids...

Well, it finally happened.  We got the call that Jackson was throwing up at school and we needed to come and get him.  After the last couple of weeks of kids going home sick, I am not all that surprised.  Jackson has been talking all week about how six kids had gone home sick this week. 

Apparently, when the daycare calls, they call Josh, not me, which surprises me, because I am the main contact for everything else.  Josh couldn't get a hold of me because I was running around my office trying to get some stuff done.  So he cancelled all his meetings and took off to get Jackson.  Jackson threw up when Josh got to school.  But he at least was making it to a trash can there and he didn't puke down Josh's back like he did the one time I picked him up when he was sick.  He also managed to make it all the way home without puking in his car.  (Which also didn't happen the time I picked him up.)

Josh sent me this picture once they were settled at home.
When I got it, I was ready to pack up and go home.  I didn't.  I managed to work for the rest of the day.
 
When I did get home, Jackson kept telling me that he was seven.  I kept saying no, you're only three.  He meant that he was the seventh kid to have to go home this week.  He was right.  He was seven!
 
The awesome part of having two working parents that live no where near family - we both needed to be somewhere this morning for meetings, and we don't have anyone who can just watch him on the spur of the moment.  Ugh.  #shouldliveclosertoourmoms
 
Well, Josh's meeting trumped mine, so I am staying home with him this morning and then Josh will be here around 12:30pm so I can go to the office for a few hours.  I think Josh got the better end of the deal.  When he gets home, Jackson will need a nap!  (Not that Jackson has been bad and he has actually let me me work.  But I have helped him zip up plastics bags all morning!!) 
 
He is quietly playing in the family room now.  He really does play well by himself.  We are so lucky. 
 
He seems pretty good to me this morning.  No fever and no puking since they got home yesterday, so hopefully that's it and we won't be dealing with it for the next couple of days.  And hopefully the germs stay away from Josh and I.  I don't have time for the flu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment