We got home from holiday vacation around 6pm tonight. I was talking all day about how I was going to have to spend the next day or so really cleaning my house since it hasn't been really cleaned since before we left for vacation. I mean, we ran the vacuum a few times and wiped the bathroom sinks, but not the serious cleaning. Even the ceiling fans were in "bad shape"!!
When we walked in the door, I took a quick look around and thought to myself, "This isn't so bad. I remembered the house being in so much worse condition when we left. I must be losing my mind." So we hauled in the loot and started moving things from here to there and upstairs. When I got upstairs and turned on the bedroom light, I KNEW something just wasn't right. The bed was made AND all the pillows were on the bed. I called down to Josh to see if he had managed to make the bed before we left. He said no, like I was a crazy person. Now I knew that someone had been in the house. I just didn't know who. At first, we thought it was the neighbor who had a key to the house (since we manage to lock ourselves out alot and now we have a three year old obsessed with locking doors.) It wasn't them, but I did find out what type of car was parked in the driveway while we were gone!
Turns out that Sandy wanted to do something nice for me and she called Jen A to see if she knew someone who would be able to clean the house while we were gone. So instead of hiring someone to do it, Jen and her mother-in-law came to the house and cleaned it... bathrooms and ceiling fans and all. They even changed the sheets on the bed. I couldn't believe it. Merry Christmas to me!! I really do have amazing people in my life.
So now, instead of cleaning all day tomorrow, I get to do a little shopping with the husband and then relax at home. I am one happy girl. Now, I just have to figure out how to convince Josh that we should hire someone to clean the house ALL the time!!!
On another note, we had enough snow that Josh got to use the new snow blower tonight. It's nice. The driveway is all clear!
And I will leave with the most amazing family picture we have ever taken. I love these boys!!! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment