Jackson's kindergarten class had their first big party today! And I was so smart, that I decided to sign up to be the room parent for the party. The room parent is responsible for planning the party and getting all the volunteers to bring in the goods and assist with the party. For my first party planning, I asked the expert in Kinder Parties..... my sister!
And, on her advice, we made mummies from toilet paper, mixed food coloring into baggies of icing and iced cookies, did a small art project with cotton balls and glue and had a GREAT time. The kiddos LOVED the icing of the cookies. Since they were learning primary colors in art class, I decided that rather than just have orange icing, I would let kiddos decide what color to make their cookies and if they wanted a color other than red, blue, green or yellow, they had to tell me how to make that color!! We made lots of purples and oranges!!
After the party started to slow down, the kiddos decided it was time to use the excess toilet paper to make a mummy out of Miss Wright! The LOVED IT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment