Josh, Nick and Clint, with a little bit of help from Caitlin and a guard dog (Riddick), wrapped up running all the low voltage wires at the house!! It was sooo cold. I have no idea how they managed to be out there from 8am until 6pm. They did have a heater going that brought the temperature in the house to a balmy 37 degrees. Caitlin took some great photos while she was at the house. I won't even bother to post the ones I took from my really expensive camera phone!
We are so thankful to have had all the help this weekend getting it done. I think Josh will be able to sleep easy until it is time to go back and do all the "finishing" work once the drywall is in!! Next week they start insulating and dry-walling and then they bring in the heat!
Since the last post, they ran all the electrical and we only had a small list of things that weren't right or not done. Josh got those covered with Dave the Builder. You can see some of the can lights and other electrical runs in the photos.
Jackson had such a great time at the house. The ONLY way we got him to want to leave was reminding him that his watch was waiting for him at home. (More on that later). He was playing with shims like they were swords. At one time, he actually stuck one into the heater and it started to catch fire. He learned his lesson pretty quickly.
We are all getting more and more excited about the house and we are making some of the final selections. Paint is on the list right now. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what I want to do. I will get it figured out. Josh "can't see it!" He's a big help when it comes to trying to coordinate colors and decorating!! At least he doesn't have strong opinions that are completely opposite of mine!











































No comments:
Post a Comment