He looks just like his daddy!
We traveled from Wadsworth to Evansville on Friday and from Evansville to Paducah on Saturday and from Paducah to Wadsworth on Sunday. It was a lot of driving, but I am glad we were able to take the time to visit with family and celebrate Allie's wedding. These kiddos are amazing travelers. They don't complain (much). They don't whine (much). We got to Paducah around 3pm on Saturday, which gave us some time to check into the hotel and get ready for the wedding. Jackson thought the hotel was pretty cool. The three of us slept in the same room, but we all had our own beds (or pack-n-play)! Our room joined with the Basham's room. The kiddos also thought that was pretty cool.
The wedding was really nice. It was all outside. The wedding was short and sweet and the reception served delicious BBQ. We managed to grab a few photos before the wedding.
My beautiful kiddos
My beautiful sisters
My beautiful children and nieces and nephews
And that was enough of that!
After dinner and some photos, some of the kiddos hit the dance floor. Tyler tried to get the garter!
Audrey took a little nap during the reception too!
Oh the humidity (says Audrey's curls!!)
After the reception, we all headed back to the hotel. Audrey was wide awake. Jackson and I were wearing down. We all got ready for bed. I nursed Audrey and then put her in the pack-n-play ready for her to through a fit and give us a rough night. She didn't. She rolled around for a while and was perfectly content. Jackson climbed into bed and asked if we could watch a little TV. I turned it on, not knowing what we would find. America Ninja Warrior was on and he LOVES that show. So we fell asleep to that! It was a great night. (I slept okay, but the kiddos were awesome!)
Around 7am, we heard Lily and Tyler next door and Audrey was up! We got ready, grabbed some breakfast and got ready to leave. Fortunately for Jackson, he was going to go spend the week with Grams for fall break! He didn't have to make the 8+ hour trip back to Ohio. Audrey and I piled into the car and off we went. We only got about 20 minutes down the road before our first stop. Audrey decided that she was FINALLY going to poop. I came to terms VERY early that it didn't matter how long we were going to be in the car. We were going to take it easy and get home when we got there. And we had a really nice drive home. Audrey was great. She only fussed when it was CLEARLY time for lunch. She played. She read. She talked to me. She slept. We got home in about 8.5 hours.
Jackson spent the week with Grams. The went to see the war ship that was in Evansville. They shopped for Jackson's birthday present and had picnic lunches at the park. They got to go swimming. I think it was Wednesday when mom texted me asking me if Jackson ever stopped talking. He doesn't!! Grams then brought Jackson to his birthday party! (More on that...)
Audrey and I spent the week at home... alone. It was very quiet (and productive)! I missed Jackson like crazy -- mostly in the morning when Audrey and I were getting ready. It was weird not having him around. But he's back now and it's no longer quiet!!











No comments:
Post a Comment