So Monday was all fine until I left work. I am heading home at my normal time to pick the kids up and I am sitting at the red light just three minutes from my office. The light turns green, we all go. I look down to get the heat to come out the top rather than just the feet. Everyone stops. I don't. AWESOME. I hit the lady in front of me. Not very hard since we weren't really going that fast, but none the less, I hit her. I get out of my car to see if she is okay. When I approach her car, she is already calling the police. No "hey let's handle this on our own." So, now I am little pissed, but more concerned because Josh is out of town and I have to get the kids. I call the daycare and tell them that I am running late. I call Josh. Then we wait for the police. They were just right around the corner, so it didn't take long. I was out there about 20 minutes after it happened. No one got hurt, the damage isn't TOO bad, although I will need a new front bumper.
I get my kids and we got home. All is fine.
Tuesday, we wake up to yet ANOTHER snow storm. Ugh. Josh calls while I am in the shower. I am sure that he ran his car off the road. Not to worry, we've already met our deductible this year! :) Well, good news... he didn't run his car off the road, but he did get stuck twice, so he decided he was coming back home. So I decided I was going to wait until just before my lunch meeting to head out. That will give them enough time to clear the roads. (And they did, so I was glad I waited). While we were at home, Jackson says to me "I'm going play a quiet game, mommy, so you can work!" God love him. Audrey slept for a little while and then Josh entertained her while I worked some more. Josh left about 30 minutes before we did and as he is leaving, Jackson is standing at the garage door.


Tuesday, we wake up to yet ANOTHER snow storm. Ugh. Josh calls while I am in the shower. I am sure that he ran his car off the road. Not to worry, we've already met our deductible this year! :) Well, good news... he didn't run his car off the road, but he did get stuck twice, so he decided he was coming back home. So I decided I was going to wait until just before my lunch meeting to head out. That will give them enough time to clear the roads. (And they did, so I was glad I waited). While we were at home, Jackson says to me "I'm going play a quiet game, mommy, so you can work!" God love him. Audrey slept for a little while and then Josh entertained her while I worked some more. Josh left about 30 minutes before we did and as he is leaving, Jackson is standing at the garage door.



"Bye daddy. Have a good day, daddy. I love you, daddy! Be careful out there daddy!"
I managed to get everything ready for my out of town trip. The kids (and Joshua) are going to be fine. I dropped them off Thursday morning and headed for Piqua. I made it with no problems. Worked all day, entertained with the client Thursday night and then headed back to the hotel. I get everything unpacked and ready for the next day and I start "feeding the baby" before I got to bed and what do I hear? Crying children and their parents yelling at them in the room next to me. You have GOT to be kidding me. If I weren't already so tired, completely unpacked and hooked up to a pump, I would have asked for a new room. Fortunately I was so tired, that they didn't keep me from falling asleep. Unfortunately, I didn't do a great job of staying asleep throughout the night. Then I woke up at 5am really needing to feed my baby. I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, but I was unsuccessful at that and just decided to get up. So much for getting an extra hour or two of sleep while I was gone.
No worries though because Audrey then decided to sleep until 5:30 Saturday morning, 6am Sunday morning and 6:40am this morning. Hopefully we can keep this going!
Yesterday, I got a couple of pictures of the kiddos just hanging out. Jackson wanted to hold Audrey at 6am this morning. I told him no that we were all going to go back to bed for a little while. It wasn't time to get up.
Josh also stuck Audrey in the couch the other night. She didn't seem to mind.
Audrey also got her first assessment at school this past week. She has mastered "crying" and putting things in her mouth! Great job, Audrey!







No comments:
Post a Comment