Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer... What Summer?!?!?

I think I say this every year, but summer seems to go by SOOOO fast.  It's already near the middle of July and I feel like we haven't really gotten to enjoy summer yet.  The last couple of weeks have been super crazy at work (unfortunately) and then got crazy at home too.

First, Jason was back in the hospital again (fortunately for not as long as last summer).  It got pretty bad, so Jackson and I took off the last weekend in July.  Here he working on a 1,000 piece puzzle - no he didn't to the whole puzzle, but he was pretty good at taking pieces apart and putting it back together.  He didn't even have the lid to the box to see what it looks like.  This still amazes me.  He is only three years old!
Even better than a real puzzle.... Jigsaw Puzzles on the iPad.  Katie had a puzzle app that Jackson really enjoyed playing.  So much so, that this mama had to download it on her tablet, daddy's iPad and Jackson's iPod.  This kid really does love to do his puzzles.  The funny thing - one of the puzzle Jackson and Katie were working on was actually missing pieces in the electronic version.  These apps are so very realistic.

We spent Thursday through Sunday in Evansville / Santa Claus.  I spent most of the weekend at the hospital, while Jackson was living it up in Santa Claus with the Huebschmans.  He had a blast.  They went swimming and couch shopping and even got to go out for pizza.  I think J was have fun finally getting to spend some time with Ayden.  I was glad that got to do it, but I am sorry I missed out on the fun too.  On the way home, Jackson spent about an hour talking about the things his baby sister could and couldn't do and that he was going to buy her seven shirts and three pacifiers (green, red and pink to be specific).  I think he is getting excited about having a baby sister.  I keep telling him that he has to turn four first and THEN he can have one.

When we got home on Sunday, we met up with Daddy, Uncle Nick and Aunt CC, who were playing tennis. Jackson makes a great ball boy!!

Before I forget, here are a couple of pictures from the weekend Josh and J spent in Cincinnati.

"Tailwind Delights" - So also in the last week or so, I have gotten to partake in two things that I normally only get while away on business - Pot Belly Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Hot Heads.  At this point, I am not sure whether the cookie was better or the queso and chips!!  Anyway you slice it, I was glad that I had both!

Fourth of July Bust
So much for a really nice long holiday weekend.  It ended up raining most of the 4 days Josh and I were off from work.  We didn't even get to see the fireworks (not the J really would have cared because he is still not crazy about the noise).  We spent some time playing inside.  Jackson pulled out the Nerf guns.  Here are a couple of shots.  I am not sure how I managed to take that one where he is in the picture twice.  Guess I am that good of a photographer on my new phone!!  If you can't tell, Jackson is totally aiming for his dad.  He got such a kick out of playing with them.  Now, we have "bullets" hidden all over the house and will probably be finding them for days to come!


Since it did rain most of the weekend, we found things to do inside.  Jackson was really getting into the Legos.  Katie and Brandon got him some for his birthday.  Up until this weekend, Josh has been helping him, but Jackson started to really get the idea.  "It's not how the picture shows it."  We have a few other smaller kits and he put together this car about 10 times over the weekend.  I think he has it memorized by now!

Also this weekend, we managed to make it down to Amish country to look for some new bedroom furniture.  Josh and I are getting new stuff, Jackson is getting our old stuff and the baby girl is getting Jackson's stuff.  Jackson is pretty excited about getting to help determine which drawers all his clothes are going to go in, since he does such a good job of helping with the laundry and picking out his own clothes.  Here, he is testing out one of the beds in Walnut Creek.  Unfortunately, no pics of what we actually bought!!

Finally, on Sunday, the weather got a little nicer.  Megan was in from DC and so we went for a visit with them.  On our way over, we stopped at the outlet mall to find Josh a new pair of tennis shoes (the man busts up shoes faster than anyone I know!!)  While we were there, Jackson found a pair that would fit him, so he had to try them on too.  They were super cute, but he didn't want to buy them.  He just needed to try them on.  I think he still has an aversion to getting new shoes (even though he needs them as bad as his daddy!!)

Before we left Aunt Kay's, Josh, Jackson and Megan were throwing the frisbee around the front of the house.  Kay lives on a dead-end, so they were actually playing in the street.  Jackson was having a blast.  Megan was teaching him how to catch - "like a pancake!"  Jackson was so proud of himself.  We all were too.  He was just beaming each time he would catch it. His throwing is actually pretty good too.
 
I did manage to take some video too.  My favorite is when he gets hit in the head with the frisbee and I am trying to control my laughter while I try to find the stop button on the recorder so I don't look like a terrible mom who laughed when her kid got hit in the face. Don't worry, he wasn't hurt.  (I don't know why I could get the actual video to load, but here is the "picture" version of the video.)

Baby News
So far, everything is still going just fine.  This baby moves just as much as Jackson did.  I think someone touching my belly would be able to feel her now.  I have also gained a whopping 3 pounds now and finally actually feel like eating - even though I might still be indecisive about WHAT to eat, at least I want to eat something.  I feel like my "bump" is more like a mountain already and appears to have grown a little since the last shot.  Already wishes it were October.  3 1/2 more months.


Jackson
23 Weeks 2 Days
Baby Elsass #2
22 Weeks 5 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment