On Wednesday night, they called me after Josh picked up him. Jackson was on green again. He only had to more days to go. He kept telling us he was going to do it. On Thursday, I was still in "class" when Josh picked him up, so I texted Josh (yes, Josh FINALLY got texting). He was on green again. I was so proud of him. Even if he didn't make it all five days, I would have been proud of him for being so good all week. On Friday, I didn't even have to text Josh to find out. He send me a message. "Green!" I couldn't believe it. He actually managed to stay good all week at school. Josh took him to get treats after school. They had Subway and Dairy Queen. I got these two pictures.
I asked Josh if he was going to let Jackson eat all that ice cream. Josh said yes!!
I got home around midnight Friday and both boys were sleeping. On Saturday, we had a busy morning. Josh mowed the grass. Jackson and I pulled some weeds after Jackson rode his bike for a little bit. When I went to pull a week, Jackson wanted gloves too. Of course, we don't have garden gloves in his size. So these would have to do.


Jackson helped pull out a few weeds. I took some pictures of the giant hydrangea and hosta on the side of the house. The hosta on the right was one of the plants that I got from when dad died. It is gorgeous!! (I plan to take it with us to our next house and then split it!) The hydrangea is also very pretty. I love that is blooms different colors.After a little weeding, we did a little gardening. There were so tomatoes ready to pull and LOTS of beans. The cilantro needed to be cut back. Funny how going to the grocery store is a lot easy than gardening. BUT, the tomatoes just don't taste the same from the grocery store. I had one of them at lunch. AMAZING!!
After the mowing, weeding, and gardening, there was lunch. Then we took Jackson to the park. Bad idea. It was SOOO hot. I couldn't take it. I ended up leaving the boys there and walking home. I am a wimp (or I am just too smart to be outside in 90 degrees with no pool when I am 24 weeks pregnant!) The boys came home an hour or so later. They were, of course, SUPER sweaty. Poor Jackson needed a haircut so bad. The kid would be so much cooler if I cut the mop he has on top of his head. I gave him a bath and after we got him in his pajamas, he gave me a kiss and then kissed my belly saying that one was for his baby sister.
After all that and dinner, we lounged on the couch to watch a little tv. It didn't take too long before Jackson looked like this.
He completely passed out playing on the iPad. He was asleep about an hour or so then he started to fidget and I was able to get a pull up on him. He shifted a few times on the couch during the night.
Josh eventually took him up to his bed. He slept all night, but was up before 7am this morning. That's okay though because he no longer comes in to wake us up. He just comes downstairs and finds some toys to play with until we (by that, I mean, Josh) gets up with him.
Jackson did finally get that haircut this morning. He actually sat in the chair and let me put the cape on him this time. He did awesome. When he was done, he wanted to help clean up his mess. (Josh cleans up his hair after I cut it too. Like father, like son!)
We took Jackson to see Despicable Me 2 or Despictable Me 2 as Jackson would say. I thought it was cute. Jackson said as we were leaving "Did we have fun at the movies?" I think I enjoyed it the best. I think Jackson was loving that he got to eat the most popcorn! A quick trip to Home Depot to buy new toilet seats and we came home. As soon as we got home, Jackson wanted to play baseball. It was basically about 90 degrees outside. Finally, I told him he could play in the backyard, so I could watch him from the kitchen. Eventually Josh went out with him and I did too for a few minutes. He was loving it.













No comments:
Post a Comment