Thursday, November 22, 2012

More of a Little Place Called Heaven

DAY SIX - ROUGH TIDE
We awoke on day day 6 to much rougher water than we have seen all week. The tide was really rolling in and brought a lot of seaweed from Hurricane Sandy to our pretty little beach. Fortunately, it didn't take up the entire beach. Just like every other day on this vacation we woke up before the sun rose (at least Jackson and I did). This morning I convinced Jackson to come lay out in the hammock with me. We got to enjoy the sky lightening with the sun rising. (The patio faces west, some didn't actually see the sun rise.) He was extremely cute cuddling up with me. Too bad it didn't last long.

After breakfast of eggs and pancakes, we hit the beach again. On the way down to the beach we ran into our villa neighbors and I stopped to chat for a few minutes. Jackson did not. He took off for the beach and it wasn't long before he was in the ocean by himself. Fortunately, even though the water was rougher, it still wasn't too rough for him. The next thing I know, he is 20 feet into the ocean... Alone. I decided it was time to go in with him. By the time I put our stuff down, he was another 20 feet. He was swimming out (or flying as he calls it). The water was not pulling him out. So I get out to him telling him to come closer to mommy the whole time. He doesn't listen and laughs as he tries to get away from me. When I got to him, I saw something in the water. I grabbed him out if there water and took a closer look. A sting ray. My 3 year old was less than 5 feet from a sting ray. Oh Jesus!! I freaked. The sting ray took off back out to sea. I made Jackson play really close until I was sure the ugly looking sea creature was gone. It was.

We didn't play in the ocean as long. Jackson wanted to come up to the pool. He swam for a little bit it before lunch and the he played on daddy's iPad on the patio. After lunch and a nap, he was ready to hit the ocean again. Aunt CC and Uncle Nick (I removed the quotations for you, Nick!!) came over to spend a little time with us. Caitlin go some great pictures!! We got dressed and ready to go out for the first time since Saturday. We walked over to a restaurant near our villa and had an amazing dinner on the waterfront. I ordered fish. (Right?? I can hardly believe it myself. It was delicious!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment