Thanksgiving in the Caribbean is a little different than in the US. I guess there are enough US travelers here that most of the restaurants do some kind of traditional Thanksgiving meal. While we originally didn't know what we were going to do for Thanksgiving. When we left the states, we knew it wouldn't be turkey and dressing and all the other fixins. After the '' rehearsal'' dinner on Friday, the Sadler clan invited us all over for dinner at their place. The meal... lobster tail and jerk chicken!! Everyone brought some kind of side or vegetable to complete the meal and a couple of bottles of wine. It turned out to be a really nice evening. I even tried the lobster tail (which I didn't like)! The only traditional parts were Football on tv and the AMAZING pumpkin bread that Nick's sister, and Steph, made.
The morning didn't start off too well. Jackson decided to wake the house at 430am. And he was not consolable. He did finally go back to sleep for a couple of hours. When we did get up, he told me he was going to be a good boy. He wasn't. He cried and whined for about an hour. We finally settled him down and we got to enjoy the day.
We spent the day at, you guessed it, the beach!! I think the rest of the family is starting to get a little stunned and beached out, but not this girl! This was probably the cloudiest day we have had, but the sun still poked through. After a little while at the beach, Jackson decided that he wanted to swim in the other swimming pool (because the ocean is also a pool). So we brought our stuff up to the pool and he swam. While he was swimming, he decided to do a somersault in the pool, which flipped him out of his ring. He managed to bring himself upright and he head above water by the time I got to him (seconds that seemed like eternity). He later tells the story that he was being spiderman upside down. I guess he wasn't scared. He jumped right back into the water once we got his ring back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment