Saturday, August 25, 2012

Beautiful Saturday in NEO

J woke up this morning around 7am and did NOT come into mommy's and daddy's room. Instead, he wait patiently AND quietly outside in the hallway until Josh realized he was out there. My new method to keeping him in his bed - threaten to put him back in a crib! He apparently does NOT want to be in a crib. And I don't think he would fit or that Josh and I could get it put back together in a timely fashion.

So after breakfast we went to tennis courts so Josh and I could play a while. We were really lucky that J allows us to play for an hour before he is ready to go. For the first 45 minutes, he also played tennis. He likes to hit the ball at the fence and is mighty proud of himself when he makes contact with the ball. At one time, he managed to hit the ball over the 10 foot fence. He kept telling Josh to get the ball, but neither of us realized that it was outside the fence. Josh told him to go find it (all the while thinking J is crazy because there is no ball where J is pointing.) J takes off for the exit of the courts and that is when we realized he hit it over. Like a big kid he walked all the way around to get the ball and comes back. The kid really does amaze me most days.

After tennis, Josh wanted to try out his new bat, so we went to the field and J and I walked down to the school to play on the playground. It took forever. J walks slow! He held my hand almost the whole way there. We played for 10 minutes. The school has a map of the US painted on the concrete (not to scale, but it doesn't matter.) Jackson wants to know where we live. So I show him. He then proceeds to ask where everyone else in the family lives. I am guessing if I took him back tomorrow, he would remember! As we walk back up the hill, Jackson holds my hand again, kisses it and tells me he loves me!! (Mommy is in heaven!!)

He has also finally figured out how to wear the sunglasses the right way. Here is a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment