We finally got the concrete poured at the house. It's so nice to have something other than gravel to walk on. I can't image not finishing the entire thing. Josh and I made a last minute decision to extend the back patio (sorry no photo yet) from the covered portion to the driveway and stamp it to match the covered patio. I can't wait until it's usable space! I'm thinking a great place for the hammock!
The concrete folks were super nice and worked incredibly hard to get all this done in a day and it looks awesome. Now, we just have to get that hole dug for the basketball hoop. Too bad there is so much drama around that. Turns out the electric run is possible EXACTLY where we need to dig a 2' by 2' hole that is 4' deep. Josh is incredibly frustrated because this has been in the plans the WHOLE time and now we possibly have an issue with the it. It'll get done, but it just wasn't as easy as Clint using that fancy equipment and doing it in less than 1 minute. And to top it all of, the guys from the electric company came out to mark the power lines and put THREE RED DOTS of spray paint on the BRAND NEW concrete. I came outside and looked fiercely at this utility guy and asked him if he really just put red spray paint on my driveway. He said it was water soluble. It is NOT. Josh even scrubbed at it and then took the power washer to it. Still there. THREE RED DOTS on the BRAND NEW DRIVEWAY. Needless to say, I am not too happy about this. Hoping it'll fad over time.
We even managed to get the kids to put there little hand prints in the sidewalk. At first, neither of them were up for it, but then they got on board! Jackson's prints are awesome. Nearly perfect. And then there are Audrey's. She wanted to pick up the concrete, not so much place her hands in it. But still, these are my babies and their little hands are permanently placed in the sidewalk and I love it!
They both made pretty good supervisors of the pour. They got picked up from daycare around 2pm in order to get their hands in the concrete. They enjoyed hanging out on the porch to watch.








No comments:
Post a Comment