Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Green Day.... Thank Goodness

As I have mentioned before, Jackson's behavior is "graded" at school each day using a stop light approach.  He had a rough couple of weeks following a couple of really good weeks.  So far this week, he has been Green, Yellow, and thankfully today, Green.  And here is why:

If he were on yellow or red, he wouldn't have gotten to play with the new hoop.  The basketball hoop that we got from a guy Josh works with for free was starting to be too weak for Jackson.  He could shoot 5-7 times before the rim would fall off.  On Sunday,  I told Josh that we really needed a new basketball hoop.  Josh got online and found this great hoop for only $34.99.  Best money spent just based on this one evening.  Jackson is so excited about it.  He thanked Josh several times and then again right before bed.  He was so cute.  Tonight, Josh spent some time teaching him how to shoot the right way. Jackson was doing pretty good.  It was fun to watch them.  He was even getting his legs into it. 

We checked on the garden tonight.  Josh pulled a few weeds.  For our first garden, it is starting to look pretty good, if I do say so myself.  Jackson needed to check the tomato plants for the number of tomatoes. He is ready for us to be able to pull them off the plant.  He doesn't want to eat them though.  He doesn't like tomatoes.  

This weekend, Josh and Jackson are supposed to be heading to Cincinnati and I am going to finally get that weekend home alone.  I intend to spend some time on this great new hammock!  Very comfortable deal of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment